UK citizenship

Hi, I was just wondering  if anyone has had some experience with becoming a British citizen,  what is the process, price, etc.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat … mmigration

Thanks XB, but I could  have done that, I was asking  people  about their experiences,  as well as how easy it is to get a British  Passport. I was also asking  about citizenship as I do not need a visa and and the link is for a visa, that i do not need. And before you and anyone  says anything  about jobs, ILR,  etc.  I have all that. I just want to know about getting  my British  passport.  Thanks.

It's straight forward simple and reasonably quick providing you are qualified and passed the Life in the UK Test. After that it costsr £1000 plus the cost of going to the ceremony.

"how easy it is to get a British  Passport"? They give out passports like candy. I've long lost my pride in being a British Passport holder, as every man and his dog can get it. Being a citizen here used to have a meaning to me, and I felt privileged. Part of something. Certainly not any more.

Agreed.

There are lawyers / agents who openly advertise (not in English) that they can get ANYONE British nationality for £6-10k. Some Borders Agency staff are doing very well on these sidelines. 

The interesting thing is the system looks away - for fear of being called racist no doubt.

I'm sorry that you no longer feel  British maybe  you should leave Britain.  I find your posts very rude, unhelpful and uneducated.  Please keep comments on the topic and only on posts you know or have some experience in thanks.

I also  didn't  ask  how easy it was to get a British Passport. You are rude and just  assume that all I want is  British citizenship.  I was born in Canada and hold a Canadian passport,  but I have as much right to be in this country  as any born British citizen as my grandparents were British citizen born and bred.

Canadian in England wrote:

I also  didn't  ask  how easy it was to get a British Passport.

May I remind you?

You wrote:

I was asking  people  about their experiences,  as well as how easy it is to get a British  Passport.

Kind regards