Vietnamese Americans coming to vietnam

Hi, everyone! My name is Hans. I'm an American that's been living in VN for about 5 years. I like living in vn but I miss my Vietnamese/American friends. The local thinking here is different and they don't understand a lot of the western jokes or customers. Anyone coming to vn soon? :-)

Hello Hans

Please note that your thread has been moved to the Ho Chi Minh City forum to increase your chances to make meet ups.

Do not forget to subscribe to our Networking in Ho Chi Minh City section of the forum. :top:

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hello,

well, cultural differences. I do understand your feelings in those cases coz i ever did.
However; I myself see it as an interesting point once talking with foreigners, therefore; i'd like to learn about it as much as possible.
If available, i would welcome your sharing on all different local thinking and western jokes that you experienced?

Nga.

Hello Kenjee,
My blog was not intended for people already in Vietnam. It was intended for Vietnamese people living in America that will visit Vietnam soon. Please put this post back to America so that I can talk to Vietnamese/Americans that will visit Vietnam soon.

Thank you,
Hans

wow 5 years in VN, you own a business there or something? i like VN too but i cant go back since my parents wont let me :(

You'd better back to your country and meet your friends there.

Hi Hans

How about learning the local jokes? that sounds more interesting and funny LoI

Jen

I'm an expat also.  Will be riding into HCM probably in another month or so.
If you are still there we can meet up.  Currently riding around VN on my motorcycle spending time with relatives ...

hello i m visiting VN in the last week of June. Let me know if u want to hang. it's my second trip back to vn in 35 years. Can not wait. Hope to meet u there.

Enuff  :|

I'm Viet kieu living now in Phan Thiet ... My husband is American citizen living with me also in pt. we both looking to meet new friend .. We like to travel a lot around Vietnam and other country ... It hard to find expat in phan Thiết ... Let me know someone close by phan Thiết ...

David B.

have you tried YouTube? I got some good jokes from there. Seriously, you should be able to adapt to the culture there having lived in VN for 5 years. What kind of jokes were you telling them? Please don't tell me they're blonde jokes

Your in PT?cool, I'm vietnamese-american and come to PT also since my GF's parents live in the area. We should meet up sometime.

Hi Hans,

I am VK. from US & France now living in Saigon. I currently out of VN and back in Saigon Aug 10.       P. Msg. Me your info so we can have a drink when I am back.
Thanks.

Hi ! Hans
I am Hà  nice to meet you!

Hope see you soon

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share email address on the forum.