Hey All...living in Nonthaburi since 3 years now!

Hey All,

Been living in Nonthaburi for almost 3 years now. Never really been active here until recently and realised this is a good place to meet new people and share experiences.

Cheers!

Welcome to Thailand. Guess you know Mall Ngammongwan is near to you. You can join Kelab Malaysia and they organize activities etc such as ladies tea; Malaysian food; sports etc. Of course there is dinner cocktail on 31st August hosted by the embassy. You sure get to know European expats there too as some are married to them. You could also join SCOT and get to know SG and others even from HK. These will give you "Rojak" of people already. There are chamber of commerce too as well as other ASEAN communities such as Merlanti Club. Have fun.

Thanks Rejoice for the information and I am delighted! But how do I get myself into this Kelab Malaysia. Tried goggling it but couldn't find much. Be glad if you would fill me in.

Thank you ;)

PM me as it's not right to give details in public web. Kelab Malaysia has a new President and the former President needs a break as it's long overdue. He truly served the club members well for many years. You will get to know fellow Malaysians guys and gals. Europeans too as their spouse are Malaysians.  You can join Singapore Club too and widen your circle of friends and activities too. Membership fees are kacang puteh ya.

How much does it cost to join these Elite Groups & do they speak English?  Patrick

I was told they cost peanuts. Not too sure myself...will find out the details and let you know if you are interested.

Patrick, you're American and there's American Chamber of Commerce but you're retired so not sure if they accept you as member. Check with them. Your spouse can join American Women's Club for sure since you're American. You can check on Canada side and they will
welcome you.

Malaysia club members does speak
English; Malay and Chinese. They
socialize as they are from the same
country thus topics are mostly on Malaysia
food; culture; activities but not on
American. Some Malaysian ladies married
Europeans so the hubby tag along.

Based on an earlier review you can join the American Chamber of Commerce, and it's not expensive for a retired individual, but from what I've seen it's really set up for business connections, not so much as a social group.  But you may as well read up a bit yourself:

- amchamthailand.com/

There are different sub-groups (my company participates in one), so maybe there are also more socially related options.

Hello,  I like to join the rojak msian  club too..  I want to ride my motorbike around Thailand and would be nice to be speaking a rojak lingo with fellow country men... Thanks,  kam siah,  terima kasih,  vanakam and kapunkup.