Filipina planning to find a job in France

Hi guys!
I am currently fixing my papers to apply for a Schengen tourist visa. My plan is to look for a job within the 90 days duration of the visa. Is this possible? I am really scared that things will fail and I will just go back to where I started.
My boyfriend lives in France but that doesn't really make it easier since we're not married. All he can do is help me with the language barrier.

I've been applying for jobs online too. All in the field of retail/fashion/sales. Hope to hear some feedback! Thanks!

Hello,I'm currently living too here in parañaque.we're almost same story.
I wish you a goodluck.. :top::top: you can do it sissy...never say never..

Oh this will be difficult for you. You cannot work with a tourist visa, you should apply for a work visa. And you should speak "not just some"..but advanced French. Most pole emploi ( french employment agencies ) will refuse to give you a job with a tourist visa...

*I've lived in France.

Thank you for your reply! Is it possible to apply for a work visa when my tourist visa expires (after 90 days)? Or will I have to go back to my country first?

We have really the same situation right now po. His parents are wanting me to go there but we don't know what would be the best procedure to this. Can you also update me about this later on . Thanks

Bevdivision wrote:

Thank you for your reply! Is it possible to apply for a work visa when my tourist visa expires (after 90 days)? Or will I have to go back to my country first?

I am sorry to be discouraging, but this is not going to work out.

1) As someone else said, you cannot apply for jobs under a tourist visa. A tourist visa is for vacation, not looking for a job.
2) Turning a tourist visa into a work visa is not going to be possible. You would have to go home in between.
3) Getting a work visa would require you to have exceptional skills that no one else has in France. It might be easier if you are a scientist or advanced researcher into a hot field. Otherwise, it's not going to be possible. Unemployment is high in France. In order for employers to have the right to hire foreigners for a job, they have to prove that they searched to employ those already living in France and were unable to find someone capable. Most employers are just not willing to sponsor employees, because it is costly and is a ridiculous amount of paperwork.

That leaves you with three other possibilities, which are going to depend on your experience and desire.
1) Apply to be an au pair
2) Apply to be a teacher's assistant
3) Get married to your boyfriend so you can get a "spouse of a French citizen" visa

The first two have special visas just for them, but I honestly do not know much about either status, you're going to have to do some of your own research.

The last option is best if you feel certain of your relationship, and your boyfriend has no problem financially supporting you while you get your papers together, and while you take the obligatory French classes that spouses are required to take (if they don't have a sufficient level of French). I didn't have to take French classes, because I already spoke French fluently before moving to France (I was a French teacher in the US). But my husband had to financially support me for over a year, because the place where we live doesn't have a lot of job opportunities, and it took me a while before I was able to network and find my way around in order to get a job.

What do you mean by au pair madam?

Can I extend the tourist vise in France ?

Au pair is essentially a term meaning nanny/babysitter. Sometimes it will entail teaching/tutoring kids and/or making meals. It may include room and board or it may not. It depends on the family.

No, you cannot extend a 90 day tourist visa. You have to apply for a long term (either 6 month or 1 year, it depends on the consulate) visitor visa. When you apply for that, you have to prove you have the financial means of supporting yourself without working. Alternatively, that your boyfriend and/or his family have the financial means of supporting you without your working. If you get a long term visitor visa, that is eligible to renew (into another visitor visa). But not the Schengen.

ive reseached about au pair, so would it be easy for me to go there if the family of my boyfriend will register in aupair, then am gonna also register in the site and they will choose me as nanny of their kid. Would this be possible ? Because I think this is better the tourist visa.

I have the same situation. My boyfriend and I want to try and live together in France. He is French and I am a Filipina going to take French classes for about a year before applying for a visa. I hope it is possible to get a job as a Software Engineer so I can apply for a working visa. Anyone here who might have any friends who are in the IT industry too? Would love to connect!

Bevdivision wrote:

Hi guys!
I am currently fixing my papers to apply for a Schengen tourist visa. My plan is to look for a job within the 90 days duration of the visa. Is this possible? I am really scared that things will fail and I will just go back to where I started.
My boyfriend lives in France but that doesn't really make it easier since we're not married. All he can do is help me with the language barrier.

I've been applying for jobs online too. All in the field of retail/fashion/sales. Hope to hear some feedback! Thanks!

You cannot get a job with a tourist visa, nobody will hire you. You need to have a work visa to get a job in France. My advice is to apply for fiancée visa or get married and apply for spouse visa. I'm sorry I hope I did not offend you in any way nor made you feel you won't get a chance. As one of the commenters said, unemployment rate here in France is high at the moment.

Goodluck!

the most sound advice you can try..