Learning bangladesh

do anyone know where I can get cd to learn Bangladesh on my own. a premade cd to learn Bangla?  if anyone learned Bangladesh, how did you learn the language?

Hello leeanderson,

You can start with this site learn101.org/bengali.php

and also can use this app play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.newageapps.learnbengali&hl=en

Thanks
Ariful

thanks.  I have google language translator on my telephone.  however I already speak several languages.  because I know so many languages already, I know the google translator is wrong so many times, or any other translators.

do you know anyone has made efforts to teach Bangladesh and can sell it to me in cd form?

how expensive is it to live in Malaysia?  do you speak English there?

I was in Malaysia 25 years ago, when I was making lots of trips to asia.  at that time I was in Pakistan.  enough people spoke English then there.  I have never been to Bangladesh yet, unless you consider that it used be Pakistan.  I do not know how many people speak English in Bangladesh.

Hi leeanderson,

It's my first time outside Bangladesh so at starting it was exciting as well difficult for me, but so far it's good for me and now i have plan to live as expat for rest of my life. Malaysia now not what used to be 25 year ago, much better now, Most of people know English but still you need  to know little bit of Malay (not too much). In Bangladesh very few people know and speak English, but if you are going to join some company there, everyone will speak English in office, but for outside you need know some basic Bengali for marketing, travelling, etc.

Google translation for Bengali is very bad, you use it for word translation but the condition for sentence is very very bad.

So far i don't see any CD (as i don't try to learn Bengali  :) ) but you can buy some books from local book stores, may also can find some CD there.

Thanks

how much is a three room apartment in Malaysia per month? does it have flush toilet?  could I survive there on $1200.00 usa dollars per month?  I am also planning on working, perhaps in import export, or teaching English as a teacher.  I have masters in sociology, but I have never taught.  I know I can teach in an English speaking schools, English, sociology, American history, etc.

Three room apartment  will cost $400-$700, surviving with $1200 for a family of 3 -4 will not be possible, you will need at least $2000 just to survive as family, as a single $1200 ok, as couple it will be hard but possible, but impressible with family.

:P Almost 95% toilet are flush toilet.

assuming the same situation in Bangladesh, can I live one $1200.00 with 3 bedrooms and flush toilet?  how much would a teacher make in Bangladesh? or in Malaysia? I don't need the most expensive places

hello leeanderson,

In Bangladesh you can live very well with family for $1200. At Dhaka you can find flush toilet every where. i don't know that much about teacher salary in Bangladesh but for sure very few teacher used to get $1200 (as income in Bangladesh is very low) and not sure about Malaysia, but the education cost in Malaysia is so high so teacher earning must be good here.

Thanks
Ariful

I am a florist. i sell flowers.  i went to china and to korea to import teddy bears.  when the exchange rates changed, i was forced to import from china.  however, china ruined my business.  their quality was so bad, that i had to stop importing.  this is the time when i was travelling a lot into Pakistan, Malaysia, Singapore, the Philippines.  i wanted to return to Pakistan and live there, but it appears anti American violence is only increasing.

because i speak so many languages, i could work in an international hotel.  i prefer teaching

i am thinking of  exporting arts and crafts from Bangladesh, such as baskets, teddy bears, if Bangladesh can make them.

what do you do?  tell me more  about your  surroundings, your work, your daily routine.

Yes there are a lot of handicraft in Bangladesh, but it's difficult to do business in Bangladesh as a foreigner. If you can find a local partner may be it will be bit easier. But price is much higher than china, but quality is good.

I finished BSc in Mechanical Engineering, you can call me a computer addict i sent almost 100% of my wake time in computer, i am working as a full time Software Engineer last 3 year, i am working at Malaysia for last 6 month. Be side that i am trying to learn trading commodities and currency, my future plan to become a professional speculator  :cool: .

I get all my websites software needs and repairs from india.  I stay in my store in usa, but the programmers repair my needs from india.

if I need a new website made, I go to india, via guru.com

my son was on the computer without an end.  he speculated on some internet financial transactions.  I don't know anything.  he was making $6,000.00, $10,000.00 usa dollars at a time.  then one day when the economy collapsed, a few years ago, he lost everything. 

it looks like I will have enough to live on.  I need only to make extra to live well and keep me occupied.  I am thinking putting advertisements in usa trade magazines to make t shirts or hats.  I also know completely the floral business.  I can make baskets for the floral industry.  I can advertise in that area.

but first, I need to go there, and have a place to live.  there is a school that will give me room and food. I did not ask them anything.  I only read it on line.  they want teachers speaking in English.  they will  not pay.  however this will give me entry into the country with a long term visa.

the quality in china is so bad, price alone does not guarantee good business. quality is the most important need for a successful business. 

tell me more what you do. how much money do you make? are you a citizen of Bangladesh?  because I am having difficulty finding cd to Bangladesh, I thinking I could make my own cd with someone who speaks Bangladesh, who knows how to make cd.

example "how are you">>in Bangladesh>>xxxx xxxx
I am familiar with learning Spanish from pimsleur method.  we can use his method toe make our own Bangladesh to learn Bangladesh, or to reverse it to learn English for the Bangladesh. 

to learn Spanish for example, I have 4 volumes, each 32 lessons, each 30 minutes.  total of 64 hours of cd running.  do you know how to make cd for recording?  if we had English teaching school, we can use this idea to give to unlimited number of students.

any ideas?

Learn Bangladesh? i am not so sure what you mean by that.Maybe Learn about Bangladesh?Maybe learn to speak Bangla.if you want to learn that you can find it on the net.but the best way to learn to speak and meet  some Bangladeshi if you can.

Hi Leea
             it would be very Interesting CD (Bangla to English). I could help you on that,I         speak,Bangla,English,French & Spanish.as for the Hand craft product.I am working on this.i am working with some North American client's.so if you need to know more just rite me back please.i am in Dhaka Bangladesh

first I want to tell you that I want to move to Dhaka in about 18 months.  I need some long term visa to stay there and do business.

I speak English, my main language, but I speak Korean, Spanish, Russian.

I want to export from Bangladesh arts and crafts to usa America.  I would like to bring customers to Bangladesh and take orders and fill and ship to north America.  I want to make baskets for example for the basket industry in usa America. 

do you have complete list of people who make baskets? address of people who make arts and crafts?  are you interested in working with me to source baskets made in Bangladesh and send the baskets to America?

what kind of experience do you have?

I am presently a florist, selling flowers in the usa.  I know the floral industry quite well.  I have imported teddy bears from korea and china. I stopped the import from china because their qualities are so bad. 

if you are interested in doing business with me, please tell me a little what you can do?  do you have all the addresses where we can get the baskets?  can Bangladesh make teddy bears?

about the learning Bangladesh, making cd to teach Bangladesh, do you have computer skills to make cd? I noticed there are no such thing out  there in market.  we can make the cd's and sell them for profit.  where did you go to school?  I went to Michigan State University and Marquette University.

I will be coming alone to Bangladesh to start a new life.  I had planned to  return to Pakistan, but Pakistan has changed too much against me. Then I remembered Bangladesh.

yesterday I went to Chicago, for a trade show.  I am trying to learn what I can export from Bangladesh to American companies. 

it would be really helpful If I can get some directory of people.  example all the basket makers, all the pottery makers, all the sewing operators. 

do you have any ideas?