Mauritian Business - change of partner

Hello Expat.com,

A year ago, I opened a business with a Mauritian citizen, the business is thriving but unfortunately my partner needs to move away from the business for good. I am therefore in a difficult situation were I am not sure what to do.
I am not a resident and live abroad, my business partner was managing the day to day running of the company.

I am not sure, if I can be the sole owner of the business now without living in the country?
Or can I partner with a foreigner and can he move to Mauritius to take over?

Hi!

From my point of view and the experiences I have been told, is so difficult to grow a bussiness in mauritius if you are not mauricienne. But may be if the bussiness is already set up is easier...you can contact the embassy of your country in mauritius and ask them.
The bussiness is a restaurant, hotel or something related?

Hello,
some questions:
1. The Business is still running?
2. Which kind of business?
3. Your Mauritian business partner is Director and / not Shareholder.

A foreigner (your partner) can come to Mauritius. There are some options to do this. Dependent from what he want to do here.

Regards

Andreas

Hi

For domestic companies registered in Mauritius, the shareholder can be 100% foreign (except where the company holds immoveable properties) but you need to have 1 resident director.  Of course you have have other foreign directors as well or a majority of foreign directors.

If the company has a company secretary, then the changes can be effected by the company secretary.

We have done this before.  let me know if you need help on this.

regards
Ashwin

Good Day

What type of business is it and what is your criteria for a partner?
Please provide more detail?

ronelmobile at gmail.com

Thanks

Hi laetitiabr,

Why are you imposing for a FOREIGN PARTNER ?  Can I , being a Mauritian, postulate for the position?

Actually, one way of going around the problem is to just close the business. Then you open the same kind of a business in your own country. Afterwards, you apply to run that business here in Mauritius as a branch of your main business, or even franchise it with mauritian partners, or find a dedicated agent to run the business locally.

You need not wind up the company at all.. Just re-brand it or rather change the business nature and then re-brand it, from approval of your franchise or branch option.

Normally, any Governement will not be in favour of 100% exploitation of resources by foreigners . I even guess that it is the same situation in your country. Hence, imposition of a local director is very realistic and just.

Anyway, should you want more options, I am ready to provide you other alternatives as well..

Keep me updated.

Regards,
Veekram

Hi I would be happy to disscus this matter with you. Please add me on skype: ***

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.

Hello akhilesh77,

Welcome on the Mauritius forum.

it will be most appreciated if you could give some useful infos on the forum itself so that other members in the same situation may benefit from it.  ;)

Thanks in advance,
Bhavna

Dear ...........,  I am surprised to hear that your Mauritian partner wants to give up a thriving business, for your information a company incorporated in Mauritius can be 100% foreign owned with no minimum capital.   I would advise you to sell your share and invest in Europe unless you are able to personally oversee the business.  Good Luck.

Hi laetitiabr,

We are just wondering what sort of business you have in Mauritius.
Could you please contact me on the following for more details: *** Thank you

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.

Am Williams from Ghana I can do the job  well...we cAn talk on phone...jux add ghana code

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security, Please do not share phone number on the forum.