Asians/Expat Group in Rennes

Hello there,  I am Marjorie from the Philippines.  My family and I are moving to Rennes, Brittany next month and I would like to make friends and have social activities for all the Asians and Expats around Rennes.  It's not my first time in Rennes since we always like to come here during holidays but it's our first time to actually live for so long (1 year at least).  I think it's the best for us to get to know someone from here and make friends to be able to share our experiences in Rennes, helping things out for the newcomers how to settle in Brittany with at ease. 

Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Hi. Have you arrived in Brittany ?

Hello Marjorie, are you in Rennes already? Me and family are planning to go home (to Rennes) for a short holiday, maybe we could arrange a meet up?

Gabrielle.

Hi,

Yes, I'm in Rennes.  Sure, we can meet up one time when you will be here.
How long are you going to stay in Rennes and when are you coming?   

Cheers!

Marjorie,
i will send you a private message  ;)

A bientot,

Gabrielle

hello there,

how are you?

been here since end of June.  kinda busy thou because of moving and also the kid's school. 

i haven't taken my very first french course yet but I'm trying to interact with the french people here.

interesting!  Are you living in Rennes? 

Regards,
Marjie

hello there,
I lived in Hawaii, I married a Philipino man....and I am now back in Brittany close to Rennes...
Did you make some friends yet?
I am all alone here and I could help you with your French if you want:)
Have a great evening,
Nathalie

Hello there, where do u live? I am actually live around Cotes d'armor but I can go go Rennes anytime of the day as long as it's not weekend since it's our family day.  Drop me a message if u want to meet.

Have a nice day!

good evening Marjie,
Did you find work here since you arrived?
it is good you are with your family...I know what it is like when you move to a country that is not yours and all alone is the worst, I found...
It is best to be with your family here;)
Have a good evening
Nathalie

Hello there,

No I haven't found a job yet, I am about to start my French lessons...they call it " POP-FLE".
Yes, it is really not easy for me because I'm alone with my 3 children and my French hubby is working abroad all the time.  He comes home every 2 months and stays here for only 2 weeks maximum. 
I learn some few French words because I have no choice but to learn it all by myself.  Well, I'm quite  well-adjusted with the lifestyle I had now. 

Hope you can drop me a message for meet ups.

good evening,
I could meet you when I come to Rennes...I am in Combourg not far away...
I am looking for work and I have a job interview this thursday in Dinard and it is minimum miserable wages (30 hours a week as a waitress for breakfast service in a restaurant/hotel)..
rent is cheaper in France than in the US or UK or Switzerland where the wages are 2-3 times higher!!
if it doesn't work for me in Dinard for this job, I will leave to try my luck in Switzerland where it is double pay there easily:)
I will be in Rennes tomorrow...what time suits you best to meet?
where are you?
I could meet for a cup of tea in the afternoon?
Have a good evening
Nathalie

Yes it's really like that.  The same in Singapore where we used to live, the rental is so expensive, food and everything but the salary is better here.

I will probably be in Rennes next week like in Tuesday.  I will message u if I'm free.  This week is too busy for me. 

Good luck for ur interview in Dinan. 

Cheers!

thank you for your best wishes for my interview...it will take place in DINARD...not Dinan;)
Next week, I might be gone to ???
who knows with me...since I am free like air...no attachements here, no kids, no boyfriend/husband...I have come to see my parents and left many times before...they know I can't stand living here doing nothing and being alone:(
I am alone in the US as well...same BS everywhere nowadays:(
Good evening
Nathalie

Wow wish im in brittany!

Frenchexpatbackhome wrote:

good evening,
I could meet you when I come to Rennes...I am in Combourg not far away...
I am looking for work and I have a job interview this thursday in Dinard and it is minimum miserable wages (30 hours a week as a waitress for breakfast service in a restaurant/hotel)..
rent is cheaper in France than in the US or UK or Switzerland where the wages are 2-3 times higher!!
if it doesn't work for me in Dinard for this job, I will leave to try my luck in Switzerland where it is double pay there easily:)
I will be in Rennes tomorrow...what time suits you best to meet?
where are you?
I could meet for a cup of tea in the afternoon?
Have a good evening
Nathalie

Haha why miserable? Ur lucky to have found a job.. I bet ur french is good.

good evening
I found a part time job in a hotel restaurant in Dinard and I am starting on monday march 21st.
It is a part time job ...... serving breakfast in the restaurant..and cleaning the rooms of the hotel and helping at the reception desk..in France, you have to DO IT ALL !!! for minimum wage;(
I still havent met anyone yet, people keep to themselves here...how boring!
good luck to you
Nathalie

hello everyone,

this is amit from rennes. I am living here permanently since 15 years.
I m from nepal. i am looking for the friends.  is there anyone ?
love to have new friends.
hope to see you all.