Work visa

I have been offered a job in KL and the company has said as i have a UK passport i must just fly to KL and they will sort out the Visa once i am in the country. Is this possible or should the Visa be sorted out first ?

It would be OK only if the company applies for the employment pass immediately after you arrive i.e. it is in progress.

The only downside is that the company should really apply for permission to hire you BEFORE you travel to Malaysia i.e. the issuance of the EP is just a formality.

The company should be able to prove to you they have permission to hire you (DP10 is approved) and if they are asking for any money to process the pass or for any other purpose then beware it may be a job scam and no work is available.

http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/main … for-a-post

This link provides some background

In addition to the above, unless the company is reputatable and international standing, one danger is that the company may never actually apply for the employment pass and you would be in the horrible situation of working illegally in Malaysia and have to exit every 3 months and return. This involves questioning by immigration each time.

Thanks Gravitas that is great info.