Power cuts

here you are lucky the meter stays on the wall

Well, at least you found out that it IS against the law
in Ontario, Canada anyway.
I accept your apology for your rude remark
about male bovine excretion sir, and I use
that title discreetly.

sorry

Soon you will go to jail in Canada and the USA if you breathe without a license. That's a joke BTW. Or is it? :)

stupid j*** that rip people off cause licenses and ruin things for good honest working people

Yup he pulled the meter. NOW even here, it is illegal to do this but it happens regularly.  IF the company catches you it can mean big fines. 

Really  I don't care as long as the electricity works!

You wheenie whiners really need to get the F outta here ! Get over it ! It is the 3rd World, you're not in Toronto or Cleveland.. WTF  is a 24/7 community ? Life here is what it is. I don't care what your realtor brochure said.... This is real life shit ! Do like Bob said and chill out with some coffee or a sedative. I have been here 32 years, and it is always unpredictable. Sorry your A/C does not work as planned ... This ain't Disneyland, it is the real world !

Kayakcono,

Wow did some one pee in your Wheaties today.  Yes you are correct but a bit blunt.

Adaptation and a change in expectation are a must to survive here.

Bob K

some people get upset so easily

Really Kayak - we all get to complain once in a while.  You really must be a friggin hero!!!!  And clearly you need to read the thread to understand what we were discussing.

Sorry Planner, Kayak was discussing the topic, albeit in a brusqe manner.:)

We were talking repairs actually then he responded.  Not power cuts honey. Either way he was rather nasty to us without cause.

The topic was Electricity. Kayakajerk was just saying
that it has been unreliable for ever in his
own special way. :)

I have an update to my Inverter situation. After buying it about six months ago it has always worked without any problem.  Until about five days ago. Boom. No power. Without going into crazy details, either the guy who installed it didn't really know what he was doing, most likely, or one or more of the components died. After four days and two visits from the guy, he was supposed to guarantee it for one year, I was not too patient after being down for going on five days. So, I got a friend of a friend down the street to deal with it. 

After getting into it for a bit we decided to remove some of the components and replace with a new UPS board which has what looks like solid state relays.

Today is day one and it's working! So that's the good news!  The hum is down on the fan which now works in three speeds too. It was only limited to one speed on the old inverter components. The speed on the relay when the electrical goes off is faster too. I'm liking this.  I will post some photos of the old components and the new board shortly.

Dreamtime good job. Many times I find it easier and better to import needed parts myself from the US

Bob K

Wow.  I have also learned to set the "frequency" on them. It makes a difference, less hum.