Playschool

hi everyone! looking for playschool for my 2 yearold baby.i am residing in thamrin residence.any good play school near this area.looking forward to replies.thank you!

Hi

Some of the popular and good playschools in Jakarta are:

- Julia Gabriel
- MightyMinds Preschool
- Nasional Montessori
-Tutortime Preschool
-iSmile School (got a small branch in Plaza Indonesia)

I personally send my 2+yr old to MightyMinds and up to date, I'm very happy with the way they teach. It is very similar to Julia Gabriel, only at a lower fee. MM is focused on drama, songs and artwork (creative learning). My girl can sing many songs, recognize alphabets and has a good vocabulary in both english & mandarin so this school really suits her.

However, the schools here have different curriculum/ philosophies. I believe every child is different and may learn better in a curriculm that suits him/her so I suggest you book free trials for all the schools you are interested in and see which one your child is most responsive to.

I've trialed most of the schools listed above so PM me if you have any questions =)
Let us know which school you decided on in the end.

Thank you so much petitpoix,for your help.will definetly explore each option and let you know whichone I pinned upon.thanks for the reply.

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details + avoid free advertisement pls

Still looking for a pre-school? Have you tried Kinderland? Which area do you live in?

-Mars-

Hello, http://www.mightymindspreschool.com look good. I will check it, also abt the prices i will ask them.

In gading serpong where i am now, i see mostly chinese speaking schools where almost all students are chinese. I have nothing with chinese people or the language, but we are not going to live in a place where chinese will be spoken and also if she comes home, talks chinese, then I would not understand it.

Does someone know good expat international (multi-ethnic) schools where they just choose ONLY english as the main language ?

DannyJakarta wrote:

Hello, http://www.mightymindspreschool.com look good. I will check it, also abt the prices i will ask them.

In gading serpong where i am now, i see mostly chinese speaking schools where almost all students are chinese. I have nothing with chinese people or the language, but we are not going to live in a place where chinese will be spoken and also if she comes home, talks chinese, then I would not understand it.

Does someone know good expat international (multi-ethnic) schools where they just choose ONLY english as the main language ?

Hello DannyJakarta,

If you are residing in Gading Serpong.. Sinarmas World Academy should be a good choice. However, it is still under national curriculum merge with Cambridge  curriculum so maybe some of the national subject at school is compulsory. But, if you want somewhere that is full english, it is a but distance from Gading Serpong, it is located in Bintaro sektor 9 - British International School, I went to BIS for my highschool, so i know for sure that it is no national subject. Hope it helps

Sisca.

Hi,
We have recently shifted to Jakarta from India. We are staying at Taman Rasuna(Kuningan). My daughter is 3 years old and I want to get her enrolled in playschool.
Any nearby good playschool in the mentioned area. She speaks/understands only English and Hindi, so a school that follows English as a mainstream language would be preferred. Thank you so much!