500 OMR Salary + 250 OMR as housing allowance

Will 750 OMR sufficient to live at Muscat, if i want to save 500 OMR in a month?

I am having Chemical engineering degree + MBA from a decent college in Mumbai with 4 years of experience.

I am going to live there as a bachelor.

My life style is
1) Travelling
2) I can cook if all utensil are available and permission for house owner is there.
3) Gym
4) Internet & calling
5) Movie watching

Minus Housing allowance, Your salary is 500. Unless there is an angel going to pay for the list of expenses you mentioned above then your 500 is safe otherwise boy oh boy you gotta spend,
I can see smthing like a Bar mentioned. You and I know you.cant take on.bottle , you might need 2 or 3. I suggest you look for a cheaper apartment, may be you can be more realistic per your expenses n save 300.

Dont forget medical expenses and the miscellaneous , you never know you might fall in love before Valentine's day.That gal will expect roses, gifts and all that baggage that comes with love. Please dont anyone deceive No woman wants a stingy man.so u mite  rewrite your list, weigh your options to fit your income.calculate your propensity to save.Good luck

will 250 OMR  sufficient for accommodation+food+Internet+travelling?

If you can find a cheap apartment  at 150,if the going gets tough you can share a room with someone, most men dont mind that high school kind of life in a domitory. You can plan it out.buy food from restaurants, You never know fate might be on your side and a friend will invite you for dinner or lunch.about traveling, it will depend on your destination. Oh check the housing section,  you might find what you need

saket26 wrote:

Pleasure is mine

Hello there,

I would like to know how much you are able to save in India as of now? Because, for the salary you have mentioned and with the sort of life style you would want, i am sure you would be saving more that 150 to 200 Omani rials. That works out to 32000 INR approximately (for 200 OMR).

Also, it is my advice to consider thousand times before coming to Oman as the Omanisation policy in the nation is already taking a toll on the expats living here in Oman. Oman does not want expats anymore. The 2 year visa ban for change of jobs , obtaining an NOC from the previous employer, restrictions on family visa, restrictions on employment visa, restrictions on visit visa etc have already taken the sheen out of the nation's employment market for expats.

Though i am employed in Oman as of now, i am sure majority of the expats will agree with me that they are sticking on to the present job only because of lack of opportunities to make a jump to UAE / Qatar or a decent paying job in their motherland where can live with some respect and without the fear of being sent out anytime from the country.

With so much of things happening, i will not suggest to take up the challenge for such a low salary. However, one thing i would like to say that Oman is a peaceful place to live. That is for sure. But, the rules and regulations about expat employees and the possibility of earning more and saving is not very good.

Thanks Svino for your valuable reply.

I will reconsider and ask for better offer..

You are welcome my dear friend. Wish  you all the best.

svino wrote:

Hello there,

I would like to know how much you are able to save in India as of now? Because, for the salary you have mentioned and with the sort of life style you would want, i am sure you would be saving more that 150 to 200 Omani rials. That works out to 32000 INR approximately (for 200 OMR).

Also, it is my advice to consider thousand times before coming to Oman as the Omanisation policy in the nation is already taking a toll on the expats living here in Oman. Oman does not want expats anymore. The 2 year visa ban for change of jobs , obtaining an NOC from the previous employer, restrictions on family visa, restrictions on employment visa, restrictions on visit visa etc have already taken the sheen out of the nation's employment market for expats.

Though i am employed in Oman as of now, i am sure majority of the expats will agree with me that they are sticking on to the present job only because of lack of opportunities to make a jump to UAE / Qatar or a decent paying job in their motherland where can live with some respect and without the fear of being sent out anytime from the country.

With so much of things happening, i will not suggest to take up the challenge for such a low salary. However, one thing i would like to say that Oman is a peaceful place to live. That is for sure. But, the rules and regulations about expat employees and the possibility of earning more and saving is not very good.

100% with you, given an opportunity I would be out of Oman as early as tomorrow, Am tired of  almost everything besides e fruits. Working here is equivalent to being stuck in a cult.you have one leader, you gotta serve.
As for omanisation, I dont blame them every nation should cater for its citizens but are they willing to work?. You can take a cow to graze but u cant force it to feed