Driving Offence Bahrain

Hi All

I was stopped for speeding in Bahrain but left for the UK before being prosecuted. I have now been offered a job in UAE and was wondering if this will cause me an issue especially if I had to travel to Bahrain on business.

It was back in 2010. I have tried to find out via the Embassy route but no joy.

Any ideas?

Thanks all.

You can check on the Bahrain eGov website by entering your credentials. If you have a fine, you can pay online.

Thanks Brightonguy.

You don't happen to know the link? I have just been on the site but it seems to say you can only go onto the Arabic site for this subject?

Any ideas?

Bahrain eGov Site

Click Top sServices

Click Traffic

Launch Service

You will need an eKey.  You get that by registering via the register link at the top of the page.

Good luck.

You actually don't need an eKey. In fact, just this morning I paid for a parking ticket I was issued six months ago (also realised I have a speeding ticket issued 2 years ago and it is currently in court :))

Thanks Guys

I actually found the page required but only have my Bahrain Driving licence. I entered the details from that and a message came up stating "No outstanding fines".

I thought this odd so I entered the details again but incorrectly and the site recognised the details as incorrect.... So am I right to think this worked....

Could it also be that the case is still outstanding or even more sinister a jail sentence could waiting for me?

I bolted because I was doing 176KPH about 109 MPH and most people including a local Solicitor said I could be looking at a few weeks jail.... So I left that night!

I've been offered another job but am paranoid that once I get there I will get stopped at the Airport.

I've never heard of someone getting jailed because of speeding, especially if it is your first offence.

I'd be very surprised if they stop you at the airport - but don't take my word for it.