Expat blog HCM Charity Discussion Gathering on 24th May 2015

Hello everyone. We would like to organize a one day charity event (maybe with a  short trip).
We want to make a meaningful charity movement with the support of Expat.com.
If you would like to join in the discussion , to support or suggestions in anyway please come to our gathering as below:

Date: 24/05/2015 Sunday
                Venue: Highland Coffee
                            181 Ham Nghi, , District 1   (opposite Ben Thanh market)
                    Time: 3.pm-5pm
We will discuss about the charity homes ,date and activities we can do.

When you reached Ben Thanh Market , the Highland cafe is at the opposite across  the big roundabout..
Please go upstairs and look for "Expat.com" sign
Order your beverage and pay at the counter. Maybe some of us will go dinner together too.

Hope we can have a good team support to make this a memorable event
If you want to join but unable to come this Sunday please pm me. We need all the support we can. See you
Richard

Hi Richard,

Thank you for raising it up!
I researched about it for someone who want to donate dental supplies for orphanages in HCMc.
I visited 2 charity organizations.
I called few others.

I were trying to find a charity organization which need help the most.
Some are two "famous" and receive lots of favors while some aren't. (even volunteer-tourism style)

From what people in organizations I contacted told me, for foreigners who want to do volunteering activities here,
they need to register with authority. (I'm asking for more info regarding this).

And what do you mean about short trip? Do you mean a trip go out of HCMc?

Thanks for the respond. Yes...we find the homes that need the most help that we can visit. We wish to entertain, hold party, games , cleaning  etc . Everyone. .please collect info and we will confirm everything  on Sunday. Yes....was thinking if we can also visit any place of interest nearby the shelter/home. (If available). Please come to the gathering discussion in sunday. See you all

Would you like to join our charity?

thaitrang1910 wrote:

Would you like to join our charity?

Great! Please come to our gathering  and explain to us . We will be glad to hear from you

can I have your phone number? my friend will have a talk with you . At that time I will be busy teaching.

Hi Richard,
I'm glad to be known a charity event like this.
May I join the gathering with the intermediate English level.

Regards,
  Minh

minhtt90 wrote:

Hi Richard,
I'm glad to be known a charity event like this.
May I join the gathering with the intermediate English level.

Regards,
  Minh

Sure, do join in our discussion.  We need all the support we can from everyone.  See you

thaitrang1910 wrote:

can I have your phone number? my friend will have a talk with you . At that time I will be busy teaching.

Yes...will sent you my contacts in pm.
Those who wants to help ,pls pm me if u cannot come on sunday 
Thank you everyone for your support

Hi Richard,

What was the outcome from the meeting? I wish to join if I am free on that day.

Thanks,

Rita

Hi everyone b, we have another gathering to discuss about our charity event tmr on 31st May.  Sunday at sane Highland cafe opposite ben Thanh market at 3pm, Hope to see you there

Hi Richard,

I haven't back to HCMC at that time. I will follow up on this post.

Thanks,

Rita

Hello everyone, we have posted a new thread for our next gathering as below.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=479625

Support our charity event...It will be a memorable one

Cheers
Richard