Hello

What are the rights for a Pakistan man once he's married in Malta /does he needs to renew his visa once its expired ?What does he needs to find work in Malta ,i'm a Maltese citizen ,and my friend is a Pakistani .Can he buy or rent in a cheap way ?
Thanks in advance .

Hi ruthmarie,

without knowing the exact details it is difficult to answer.

Is your future husband already in Malta?

As you are a Maltese citizen in Malta you are not necessarily under EU law but Maltese laws apply. If the marriage is accepted by the Maltese authorities you can apply for residency for your then husband as a family member. When granted he will not need a work permit and the residency counts as a visa.

What do you mean by ' buy or rent in a cheap way ' ?

Cheers
Ricky

If your married he would have the same rights as another spouse married to an eu citizen he wouldn't need a visa or a work permit but would need to apply for residency
Although you would have to prove the relationship has been for at least two years

According to the documentation on third country nationals residence permit it says the following

Partners
Consideration is given to applications in respect of non-Maltese partners of Maltese citizens as long as documentary evidence is provided:
o By the Maltese citizen or third country national concerned attesting to a regular and stable income of at least €10,338 (the wage which currently (2014) is approximately €8,615 + an additional amount of 20%: €1,723).
o that the partnership has been subsisting at least two (2) years.
o regarding sickness insurance in respect of all risks normally covered for Maltese nationals.
In the case that the relationship has been subsisting for 2 years, a residence permit
valid for one year is granted. If documentary evidence is produced showing that the couple have been living together in such a relationship for the 5 years preceding the application in question, a residence permit for 3 years is issued to the third country national.
Requests for a residence permit by a third country national whose relationship is below the t w o - year period mentioned above are considered on the merits of the case. If the request is acceded to, a temporary permit for a period to be determined by the Director is granted to the foreign national concerned.

Hi
Thanks for your reply ,no ,he's still in Pakistan ,we are planning to be married in Malta when he arrive ,does he needs an invitation to come ?because in future i'm going to provide him an invitation ,as for the accommodation ,what shall i do ?can i have my place and he can stay with me or shall i provide him somewhere to stay till we are married ?please ,i need some help about this issue ,because all he can is to pay for his expensive s ,if you need more info from me please ask me to tell you .
Thanks again for your patience

he will need a visa to enter the country he  will need to apply to this at the consulate or embassy depending on what his country has
he will need a long term visa as he is intending to live here
he can stay with you i don't see an issue about that ,the problem is he is unlikely to be granted residency based on being in a relationship with you and he would have to apply like every other tcn because you would from what your saying be unable to prove a relationship.
i would advise you read this document for more details on what he would need to meet in order to apply for residency here
https://homeaffairs.gov.mt/en/MHAS-Info … 014%29.pdf

Hi
Thank so much for your reply ,it helped me a lot ,wish you a good day ahead .
Thanks again

Hi ruthmarie,

you will most certainly have to give him a cover letter and an invitation. Check out the visa requirements on the mhas webpage.

Your biggest problem will be to make sure that the partnership marriage is accepted as 'real'. So you will definitly have to accomodate him in your home/flat. After all you are getting married. Normally the requirement is living together in Malta for more than two years but that is at the discretion of the Director of the department.

I strongly recommend visiting the Immigration Department and discussing your intention with them to avoid problems and dissapointment.

Cheers
Ricky