Doing a marketing research on expats living in New Delhi.

hello! I am sorry to bother you. I am doing a marketing research on expats living in New Delhi. Would you mind answering few questions?
1. When you moved to New Delhi did you contact an agency to find an accommodation?
2. What are your priorities when looking for an accommodation in India?
3. Are safety and location your first priorities?

Hello turbitoff,

I moved your post from the New Delhi forum
and you can also post in our testimonies section, looking for testimonies in New Delhi

Hence granting your search with a better visibility and hopefully some responses  :cheers:

Thank you,
Gavind,
Expat Team Blog

Hi there,

We should be moving in around augest /September. I will be contacting agency before than I land to make appointments  to see places the important things I am looking for is school first than a house near or around the school area . Not forgetting train lines near or around area.

Security  for house i am looking for  gated house, proper sealed doors  more than 3 exits  proper water and electricity  supply covered garage.

Hi jcaine,
Delhi is ac vibrant as any other metro city in the world. Its relatively safe and there are hardly any incidents of break in etc, though there are street crimes like we have in Paris. So standard dos and donts apply while you deal with people. In terms of neighborhood you should stay in south delhi as most of the expats stay here only and its very safe and green. There are gated neighborhoods in most of the colonies.

I think for your housing accommodation you should look out for dealers who deal with expats. There are brokers who specialize in expats housing. Some of them are realtyguru.co.in  or housing.com, etc.

Thanks for the infor.we are browsing the net for houses and they seem reasonable. As for school that would be a problem  cause I belive school starts in may and my children would be just finishing  here in June thus having a late start in India and we are hoping the school take our children . Thank you again