Raids on expatriates homes

Mas Fred,

I assume KTP OA is ktp orang asin right ?
I mean everyone with kitap should have this right ?

henkrubus wrote:

Mas Fred,

I assume KTP OA is ktp orang asin right ?
I mean everyone with kitap should have this right ?

Yes, a foreigner's ID card. It looks very much like the older locals' KTP.

I though so yes, it would be easier to use the term or both KTP WNA, its a bit confusing, y almost had me, I was just wondering if there still fools running around with kitas or kitap and don't having an KTP , that would be the ultimate stupidity imho !

thanks
henk

I disagree.
The term, KTP OA is the official name, so we should use that term to avoid confusion.

As for not having one; plenty of good reasons, including the local RT blocking it.
They can make it next to impossible to get.

There is a serious lack of information around on KTP OA and SKTT, something that could be solved by immigration giving a note with all new KITAS/P.

Well I leave that to you, mine is from DKI Jakarta and says :

KTP WARNA NEGARA ASIN, the logical it would be WNA, if the official name is OA ( orang asin ),
its okay with me don't care much, its not logical, maybe mine is different, and everywhere the term
WNA at the immigration offices is used, that's where the confusion comes it.

If you RT does block you to get a KTP, there are many simple ways the F** him up, I would go to the RW, if not go to Lura, if not go to Police ( paid or not ), then there is also AHOK and the newspapers, its very simple, be polite, but if you seeing he is blocking it in order to get more money, the smile of mine is gone, and I will hang him, very simple, many many ways, evendo y don't have relations, which we have plentifull, but still coming back at the subject and not going off topic, I still wondering having idiots walking around without a KTP, having a KITAS or KITAP, you are playing with your wallet, life, and immigration, its simply not allowed, and if having razias you will be the first one who spent the night or more in jail, so my advice to all " not complete document expats " use your brains, and get a KTP, its simple.

henkrubus wrote:

Well I leave that to you, mine is from DKI Jakarta and says :

KTP WARNA NEGARA ASIN, the logical it would be WNA, if the official name is OA ( orang asin ),

I've just checked mine, and it does say, "WNA",but the form uses OA.

https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7707/17453423728_8fbc4ea00b_z.jpg

yes that's what I thought, welcome to Indonesia :)

What a load of discussion,!!
The post stated raids on expats home with reference to Cyber crime What a long journey of discussion.
I am sure if you not comply with local requirements, maybe expect a visit from authorities If your legal and comply with the laws and regulations.Sleep well !! Salamat Malam

well it seems a lot of foreigner don't give a S.. if there paperwork is in order, it will not pay of believe me, and I don't care much, its either arrogance or stupidity but it will have a flash back, that's all. we are guests here in the country, and should behave like that, and follow the rules ( if possible) then I am sure with a big smile nobody will have problems here living, at leat not me...

I still consider the biggest problem to be lack of information.
Lots of expats simply don't know they should have an SKTT or KTP OA, mostly because no one tells them.