Average wage per hour for bus drivers and class 2 18 tonne drivers

Does anyone know what the average wage per hour is for bus drivers and class 2 (18 tonne drivers) is so we know roughly how much my  husband would earn to look for a house to rent

Malta public transport were suggesting 6€ an hour when my partner asked

robpw2 wrote:

Malta public transport were suggesting 6€ an hour when my partner asked

before new company took over while the appeal was waiting to be heard I had a long chat with a driver about possible fares etc. he was on overtime on his rostered rest day as he was only getting 6 an hour. some of the older drivers and ones who came with arriva get various amounts, he said some on 13 some on 9 etc but 6 an hour for new ones

Now that explains the bus strike today !

Cheers
Ricky

ricky wrote:

Now that explains the bus strike today !

Cheers
Ricky

Don't appear to be on strike in Gozo though, bus has just gone past my door, unless it's just going to be for an hour or two later in the day.

Ray

The gwu from what I gather according to the newspapers don't have that many members so only a few will be striking but they are striking from 8-11 and 4-7

robpw2 wrote:

The gwu from what I gather according to the newspapers don't have that many members so only a few will be striking but they are striking from 8-11 and 4-7

malta law says that during any strike 50% of service must be provided http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/vi … gwu.568170

Malta law should also be changed requiring strikers to give proper notice ... Personally I'd ban striking all together

It could also go on tommorrow

back in the day (before you were born rob) such things as payment for OT you didn't work and hours you didn't do were known as "Spanish practices" (these days more like greek ones lol) British Rail was best at it and in fact when a certain lady with a reputation for handbags made of iron ordered (via her minister) a full staff audit, BR discovered they employed 18 people who didn't actually exist lol