Is USD 1500 net salary enough in Uganda

Dear All,

I am a Banker and have been a offered a job at Uganda with USD 1500 net salary + 500000 UGX monthly along with hard furnished accomodation, vehicle, electricity and water reimbursement, and also monthly mobile reimbursement. Please suggest whether this is enough to have a decent life at Uganda??

thanks

Hi Saint may be its better to compare the benefits you receive as a banker in India and the benefits to receive here in Uganda.. so what is out weighing the other is what you should select and besides follow your heart's choice and decision.. Thanks for sharing

Before to answer to the question, one shall be in position of telling the cost living is almost two to three times a real living cost from South Africa.
Also one shall bear in mind that I have life behind where I am coming from that I shall be able to make some saving which is not case here.
To live honestly, I will need just about UXG 800000 to UXG 1000000 just for running the house also, one shall understand that I have to be social as well.
Honnestly speaking,, that money means nothing to me and whole is about the standard we have left behind us.

Regards,

Hi SAINT223,

Welcome to the Kampala forum.

A good means of gathering informations about the cost of living in Uganda, is to read the following topic on the Uganda forum :

Cost of living in Uganda – 2015

By reading through, you will get an idea if USD 1500 net salary is enough.

Best of luck,
Bhavna  :)

very enough nyabo.enjoy da stay

Hi,

The answer to the query depends on your present financial obligations back home in India and also what sort of Living standards u want to have in Uganda .
However, to make things straight cost of essentials are atleast twice that in India as the country imports most of its items .
Yes, what good thing you will have is the weather which is pleasant and also good people .