Moving to Playa Del Carmen

Hi,

My wife and I are currently living in Mexico City. We wish to move to Playa Del Carmen the end of July this year. We are hoping to get some good information on relocating and are wondering if anyone here knows of some agents who can help us find a furnished 1 or 2 bedroom apartment near the beach. We are hoping to find something between now and the end of July so when we arrive in Playa Del Carmen we have a home to move into to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Ricci and Lupita.

If you move in July, you will find plenty of availability. Just get a hotel room for 3-4 days and look when you are there. Enjoy the beautiful Riviera Maya!

Hello Evaskor,

Thank you for replying to our post. Taking a hotel would be the ideal if we cannot find something in the meantime. We are hoping to secure a place before we arrive but if not...then the hotel will be our next option. We will be driving from mexico City to Playa....leaving July 30 and arriving on August 1.

Just FYI...I am a certifed english/business english teacher but also a web designer and also have a degree in online marketing and social media marketing. I will be looking for some work in these areas...so if you hear of anything, please let me know. Thank you...

Working in the web area is a great way to live and travel  :idontagree::)  I do similar for French speaking markets (including in Canada)...

BTW, if you have a car, I would suggest you to look in the northern part of Playa (around Calle 80th - 100th Norde), there are new refurbished accommodation with easy access to nice swimming areas.   

I have used vivanuncios.com.mx/ to look for accommodations, but what has worked best is to contact directly people when in the city.

Sincerely,

Hi,

The link you sent for accommodations didn't come through...Would you mind emailing me the link? [email protected].

Thank you for the info about looking in the north area. We will be coming by car.

I would also love to chat with you sometime and pick your brain as it were about breaking into the web market you work in.

Thank you.

you may not work in Mexico legally unless you can prove an occupation not available there.  I just noticed you are in DF so may already have approvals.

playa.info/playa-del-carmen-forum/

Yes there are furnished condos and also hotels with kitchen included.   This is in the beach area.  The cost will be high as it will be high season.   Look at website playa info.com

Hi...actually...I am told that July, August are low season and that there should be lots of places available at reasonable prices...

I have been living in Mexico for over 3 years now...I have working legally since I got here...

End of Ju;ly and August Mexican vacation season and all of Mexico goes to the beach.   Prices drop September first.

Hi Ricci and Lupita, we have studios and 1 bed apartments close to the beach. Contact us if you need assistance, [email protected]. And have a good trip to Playa!