Internet hassles

More internet hassles (with DeLancer) but it seems, rather unexpected problem.

Started couple of weeks ago, suddenly on a Friday night Internet off (and from what I can see there is no after hours service with DeLancer although has so called emergency number nothing is ever done until they are open again during normal working hours.)
One would have thought with the high prices they charge they could provide some kind of after hours service but looks like not.
Anyway called on the Saturday morning and they came and fixed it and to be fair they do respond fairly quickly if there are problems- as long as it's in working hours!

So around 7 on that Saturday evening the bloody thing was gone again. I was furious and this time without emergency service provided, was without Internet all weekend until Monday.
So they fixed it again on the Monday a few days later Internet cut again during the evening, by this time I had enough I went to the office next day and kicked up hell.

They said they will talk with the technician who would inform me what the problem is. Always a slight problem there as they normally don't speak English, but usually get by with my basic Spanish.

Anyway three days later Internet cut again, so this time I asked the technician what the hell is going on and he beckoned me upstairs on the terrace roof, where the cable is going across, then down to my window.

He showed me what's been happening -cable had be cleanly cut! So some Son of a Bitch in this building keeps cutting Internet cables!

So looks like I blamed DeLancer for nothing, it was not their service, but some nasty piece of work who it seems takes great pleasure in cutting other people's Internet cables!

With all the crime,shootings, robberies,etc here of late, the last thing we need here is mindless vandalism!!
No idea who is doing it and can't exactly sit on the roof all night trying to catch the bastard.

Anyway I informed the porter downstairs and he said he would try and keep an eye on it.
It is a mixed building with Gringos and Locals, so no idea what kind of moron could be doing this.

Anyway the technician tried to re-route the cable to make it less obvious and so far so good, five days now without having my cable cut.

Then yesterday-Sunday morning- turned on computer and Internet off again! I thought Oh no not again!! What kind of moron is this to screw up people's Internet for nothing.

However 6 hours later to my surprise suddenly the Internet came back on, so obviously cable had not been cut this time, thank Christ..So looks like there was a long outage with DeLancer yesterday morning... And again another short cut in the afternoon for hour or so- did anybody else have this problem on Sunday?

Glad it was basically a  non de Lancer problem.  However we have used them for years and every once in a while the service goes down or gets very slow.  We have found that even though there is no one in the office on Sundays if it goes out it still gets fixed in a reasonable amount of time.

As too English when you call ask to speak to Rosa,  Very nice lady and has a good grasp of English.

Bob K

@BobK

>Glad it was basically a  non deLancer problem.

Yes, it was a DeMoron problem :-)
Looks like he/she has found other moronic things to do,.. cable still ok- touch wood....6 days now,..

>As too English when you call ask to speak to Rosa,  Very nice lady and has a good grasp of English.

Yes I know... I was talking about the technicians who come to house,, they rarely have grasp of English.

Now that is some story.   Lets hope deMoron stays entertained somewhere else.

>Planner-Now that is some story.   Lets hope deMoron stays entertained somewhere else.

Well, so far it appears so, must have found a new hobby, like pulling wings of flies or whatever morons do for entertainment - Cable still OK. Looks like the technician re routing the cable made a difference.

Had another internet cut yesterday but again looks like a DeLancer outage, was back 30 mins later.
They seem to be having a lot of cuts since the weekend for some reason.
Problem is every time it happens I always think "Oh no, has the cable been cut again"?...damn bloody nuisance all round!

We actually called yesterday and they told us they had a problem and would be back on line in one hour.  35 min later internet was back.

All in all they do a pretty good job

Bob K