My Four Months Life in Dubai

Hi everybody,
I'am Medgee from Mauritius .I would like to tell something about my experience in Dubai .In November 2014 i have got a contract as Housekeeping Associate in a private villa .I was very excited new job ,new life ,new country and in December 2014 i left everything behind me my job where i was employed during 5 years ,families and all.
Arrived in Dubai it was so great ,a dream for me i work for four months .On sunday the 26 of April i was preparing myself for work ,my boss come to me and tell me [You prepare yourself i returned you back to your country ].I was chock ,start crying .Why ...without any reason .We don't want you he said .that's all .Returned back to my country till now i am still crying .Now i have no life ,no job ,only eyes to cry...

That was harsh. Sorry .hope you get a new job and better soon

Thanks dear ,but it is very hard for me .You cannot loose your job without any reason without any explanation, just go we don't need you.

ooooh sorry,but you would insisted to your boss why you were told to go back to your country

Sorry to hear about your troubles in Dubai...it seems to me that a great majority of the people of the UAE (with very few exceptions) have lost their humanity and started to truly believe themselves to be of a "noble" breed that is better than anyone else around the globe.

Stop crying and believe in yourself because as you have already said, you had a good life before Dubai and I'm sure with renewed confidence and focused hard work, you can recreate that good life....who know, you may even be able to achieve a lot more than you had in the past because of this setback....the human character is ONLY shaped by setbacks like the one you've experienced and how we deal with them.

Best of Luck

Hi.

I am so sorry to hear about your trouble.

But I think that you have to be stronger.

It's true that it's hard to loose everything without any reason. But you must see the positive side of the story.

Take it as an experience. It must be a "plus" in your life and your CV.

Stop crying and start your life.

Stop wasting your days for something that will not change.

Hope to hear good news from you.

All the best and be stong :)

Hi dear,
Thank you very much for your reply,but till now it is very hard for me ,as before i moved to Dubai for elevating my professional prospects ,i was having a life ,a job as Housekeeping Supervisor ,even alone with my son i was happy .
It is only right now that i realize my mistake ,and i am the only one to be blame .
Thanks for your support,
Medgee

you are welcome :).

Don't blame yourself. Everyone one in your place would do the same.

But now, you have to focus on your life, your futur and your son.

If you like dubai so much, why don't you look for a job in the UAE. Your four months' experience will help you, especially in the hotels.

But if you couldn't find in the UAE, it is not the end of the world.

You have to startover for yourself and for your innocent son.

Best of luck.

Hi Medgee,

I feel sorry for what happened to your work.

Do not be afraid to start from scratch. My mom would always tell me that there are things in the world that we cannot control, all we can do is hope for the better. Sometimes we have to throw everything and start again so we can realize things.

I hope you get back on track VERY SOON!

Take care.

I am sorry t i hear of you poor treatment while in Dubai. Unfortunately, you are bot alone. Your story is played out countless times each day.

It should be a lesson to those stary eyed people wanting to come to Dubai.

The reality is that Dubai is a very cold and harsh place to live. People here treat others terribly. It is very difficult to live here. Most people wanting to live in Dubai see the glamour and glitz and beleive the hype of this place. The tuth is that there is glamour and glitz for only those that can afford it.  Labour is cheap here, and you are expendable.

Your employer probably released you because he wanted to save money. If you are employed for an extended time, you would be eligable for benefits that your employer didn't want to pay.

It was cheaper and simpler for him to simply let you go and hire someone else. Probably cheaper.

Do not move to Dubai!!!

Strike567
I could not have described life in Dubai better! I spent a couple of year on a contract that could have been extended but I decided NOT to do so and returned to the US. While the job was good, my pay was very satisfactory and I was treated well myself, I never felt comfortable with the "lack of humanity" and how people were treated just because of where they happen to come from.....very sad indeed.

ezreach wrote:

Strike567
I could not have described life in Dubai better! I spent a couple of year on a contract that could have been extended but I decided NOT to do so and returned to the US. While the job was good, my pay was very satisfactory and I was treated well myself, I never felt comfortable with the "lack of humanity" and how people were treated just because of where they happen to come from.....very sad indeed.

You have a good heart. I came here and also found the same thing. Lack of humanity in most offices and treat people according to their nationality. I sit at my desk most of the times and weep for others such as this story.

I'm so sorry to hear about your problem in Dubai but I think that you have to be burly. Do not blame you and now you have to focus on your life, your future & your son.

Take Care.

I would describe this lack of humanity and mistreatment as "expat on expat racism" .

zamazat wrote:

I would describe this lack of humanity and mistreatment as "expat on expat racism" .

I agree with you on that, and was not talking about no other but  "expat on expat racism".

Recently a friend told me 'Mariam,  not every bad experience or encounter is worth your tears'.
Some of them are a blessing in disguise, every experience is a life lesson either to make us stronger for other challenges or an eye power to the evilness of the world. Dust off and try again,  something awaits you somewhere. Never lose hope, as long as you are in good health u can do anything, rise and shine again.

May be God rescued you from something. Stand up to stand out

Well said @mariamns.

Thank you all of you for your precious support .....I make life goes on even if it is very difficult for me ...big kiss

Welcome back @medgeem

I hope that you are fine and your son too....

Have a great day.

On what VISA did you come? because it really matters as if you were on residence permit then you can do a lot of things against that

Hello ,                                                                   I was in Dubai on work permit for two years ,but after 4 months my boss told me to go in my home country without any reasons.Till now i still remember this 26 of April , i wake up early in the morning for my work and the boss come to me and told me to prepared myself , that i am leaving in one hour.......just think my feeling .........