Messaging the "Expert" - A kind request

Ola Expats of Kuwait!

I look back through this forum and tears of nostalgia moisten my eyes as I recall advice given as far back as 2010 in some cases, it does my heart joy to see the level of activity on this forum, especially when compared to the rest of the world (also covered on EB, for a complete list, click on the FORUM tab up top).

In my pro-bono role as "expert", if anyone can be called such, I strive to provide everyone with an answer to their query. I do so on the forum, with many distinguished others that deserve recognition for all their hard effort placed, notably Tina (ladies First :P), (in order of appearance in my life) Ribosom, JustFedUp & Enigmausly, as well as through private messages.

However, I do wish to point out that, before messaging me, I really would appreciate it if newcomers went through the posts and threads on the forum, that can be arranged by category of costs, driving, paperwork, leisure etc. to see whether or not their query has been addressed.

In addition, I go to great lengths to write the posts I do here, especially the ones "stickied" to the forum, which cover everyones major concern of "How to find a job in Kuwait", and "How much should I get paid" in Kuwait.

Beyond that, I really cannot do more - i refuse to give people a black-or-white answer of yes your offer is good, or no your offer is not good. you could be getting paid KD 3,000 and you blow KD 2,500 on drugs and what not, I am not aware of your personal habits (nor am i judging, to each their own), but only YOU as a person can guess whether your offer is good or not. No one has the background of knowing the rates of everyone in every sector in every job, your best bet is to inquire on the forum about your potential employee and see if anyone here also works there. Even though it is extremely rude to ask anyone, especially a stranger, about their income. And not just in Kuwait, this is a world-wide taboo here.

so please, please, please do NOT message me asking me for "financial advice", especially if you are going to just throw random numbers at me without having the courtesy to translate them into the local currency. I am not in HR, i do not know how you live/spend, I will not tell you if your offer is reasonable. There is a very nice website which i came to know about through this forum here, numbeo, you go there, select the country you are in and it gives you a run down of average prices (and it is fairly up to date) for rent, amenities, food etc. so please use it.

I stand ready to help anyone in need, whether you need someone to speak arabic on your behalf or help you move a couch up (or down a flight of stairs) to even wanting to go out and get healthy and run (provided you come to Salmiya - Marina crescent).

Noted - Though I never messaged ;) [Especially when you humbly have gone ahead to offer help for translating, or runs at Marina :) ]

Obvious, but yes - This post needs to be made evident/visible to every new member on Expat.coms - Kuwait.

Appreciate all the knowledge shared till date :)