Colonial Daze For Rent

Having arrived in HCMC 3 months ago now. I have taken my time to find my own place. I am an architectural lover you see, and a teacher by night. I now picture my mornings above street level in the architectural colonial past of Saigon woken by the morning sun creeping the oncoming monsoon shower. I want to be able to Spring from wall to wall naked full stretch opening each french shutter shuttering each pigeon as I yell down to my mumma on the street "cafe sau da", and she will only charge me 10,000VND. I can paint naked all day working the tan between my knees and hips.

How would one find this rental? The internet just leads me to modern stale concrete prisons.

If the above wish is not possible, alternatively I am looking for an apartment or rental which would have a big balcony/rooftop. I like the Vietnamese style.

Thanks, Ben

Hi Ben,

I know a website which includes many apartments for rent. I used to rend one at this site and it is quite good.
Here it is: canhothue.com.vn

I know another room for rent in district 1. It is just a room and have big bancony around the room. The room is on the top of the house. However, it is a bit old and restroom is not big,  it is purely vietmamese style. If they rent out it they should renovate a bit or you could pay very cheap rental and renovate it yourself. The street is linked to phamngulao street on one side and buivien street on the other side so it would be very convinient.

Hope you find thís helpful.

Good luck,
Trang

Thanks Trang,

What is the name of this restraunt? Im currently in a similiar situation at the moment. My only problem is lile I said before to find cafe sau da for only 10,000. I dont mind district 1, just prefer to be away from the backpackers and sex tourist.

Also that website continues to advertise me what i call modern cold architecture.  Im having trouble not knowing where to start to fjnd my studio space.

Ben

benjadams wrote:

Thanks Trang,

What is the name of this restraunt? Im currently in a similiar situation at the moment. My only problem is lile I said before to find cafe sau da for only 10,000. I dont mind district 1, just prefer to be away from the backpackers and sex tourist.

Also that website continues to advertise me what i call modern cold architecture.  Im having trouble not knowing where to start to fjnd my studio space.

Ben

So if you move away from the "sex tourists" as you call them. How will you cope with the more prevelant sex shops for locals, maybe a move to an isolated country area will suit you better.

Thanks Colin for the recommendation.  I would hate to miss out on the vast number of positive experiences this beautiful country has to offer at the hands of a select mysgonist saddened men

Why would they be misogynist.Your in the wrong country if sexism bothers you.

I could understand it Ben. I myself do not like the situation of sex tourist either. I feel pity and guilty when I see plenty of trading girl on the streets everyday. It could ruin the image of my beautiful country in the tourists's eyes. However, it is just like a service to fulfill the need of many men including tourists. Only one way for your to avoid it is pretend to be deaf, say nothing to those girls and none any body language also. I always tell my foreign friends to apply those suggestions. :-) :-)

For the room, It is on Do Quang Dau street. It is not a hotel or neither a guest's house. It is just a local home. If you want to see the room. I could ask the host and she will only renovate it once you are sure to rent it.
Please let me know in advance cause I am only free on Sunday to take you there if you would like.

T.