TESOL certificate from Madison school of professional development?

i am a Vietnamese student and looking for a Tesol ceritificate. Most of the schools who supply Tesol in HCM city say that they've got these certificates from "Madison school of professional development".
The thing is, I was trying to find any sources of this school on Internet but nothing came up for me.
One page from Vietnam say that, this school's from Madison Education Group (Inc.) founded in 2003 in Navada state, US.
Still, no websites or newspapers mention about this school or this Education group in English.
Just wanna ask for some help in information if anyone is an expat from US, especially from Navada, ever heard about all these names i've just mentioned.

Hello ngoc anh nguyen thi

While waiting for someone to advise you, I suggest you browse through threads in our Schools & studies in Vietnam to gather maximum infos.

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

If there is no website, its a good chance they dont exist. Contact the British Council and ask who they reccomend. Keep away from AVSE or Aicol its partner,not good people.

colinoscapee wrote:

If there is no website, its a good chance they dont exist. Contact the British Council and ask who they reccomend. Keep away from AVSE or Aicol its partner,not good people.

Hi Colin

Can you elaborate on your comment about AVSE and AICOL - I assume you mean the one on the Gold Coast in Australia.

David

From previous posts on this forum on a thread relating to this subject, there were some not so glowing reports. Thats why I mentioned contacting the British Council to obtain some references of places that can assist.

THanks a lot for all of your information. I've made my mind on it :). For sure i can have qualified certificate and also satisfy my pocket, I think I'm going to take a TKT Tesol instead. It is offered by Cambridge to Humanity Uni

Cambridge are a heavyweight in the education world, backed up by over 800 years of experience.
Try this.
They were a split from Oxford, and daddy to Harvard.

Edit because I used the wrong link - Here's the correct one.
http://www.cambridgeenglish.org/teachin … tions/tkt/

U can get from Apollo center.
teachatapollo.com/celta-courses-trainers
And the certificate is from Cambridge.

Cambridge have local centres all over the world (130 countries), but all their exams are marked in the UK.
That means they cost more than many other TESL exams, but quality remains high so they're worth more. To avoid cheating and other naughtiness, they use their own people to oversee exams as well.

Hi ngoc anh nguyen thi,
I also care about Tesol like you but I mostly prefer the quality to the certificate because I need the skills to teach my students.
I am currently studying Tesol at BIC, I know this center associates with Madison School of Professional Development. When I saw your topic, I immediately logged into BIC website and I saw the logo of Madison on the right top. I clicked and I was transferred to the website of Madison: http://meg-spd.com/affliliations/
After leaving Singapore, I now want to work in Vietnam as an English teacher, my friends introduced me to study at BIC, and I totally appreciate BIC as well as its quality.

Yea, so that's good for u. I just wonder about it, cos actually every Tesol certificate is acceptable in Vietnam, as long as u take it, it is good

Hi ngoc anh nguyen thi,
I have 2 friends, including 1 Americans, 1 Polander.
http://bic.edu.vn/images/stories/hinh/IMG_3728.JPG
http://bic.edu.vn/images/stories/hinh/IMG_3742.JPG
They both studied Tesol at BIC and received their certificates awarded by Madison. They are currently working at VASS English and some other English centers without getting any troubles.
I saw the logo of Madison on the right top. I clicked and I was transferred to the website of Madison.about Madison
On website I saw that:" Madison Education Group (MEG) is the parent company of MSPD and is incorporated in the State of Nevada in the USA.  Under MEG's license, MSPD is chartered to offer global educational services and has office locations in the USA, India, Nigeria, Turkey and Vietnam.  Since its incorporation, MSPD has taught programs in nine countries and graduated students from around the world."
I think it is quite reliable.

Vass and some others provide Madison certificate, i asked and they said for of course they will accept us for teaching after taking their courses.
I used to check the websitex but sadly they are all Vietnamese, non of English websites are available of this system

I see that when the students completed to the TESOL course. They could teach English at the centers. You can refer to the website: http://bic.edu.vn/index.php/thong-bao/t … eu-cua-bic

I see that when the students completed to the TESOL course. They could teach English at the centers. You can refer to the website: about students after TESOL course

I do not have a TEFL/TESOL certificate it, but I have researched courses and visited a school. However I do consider myself an expert skeptic, and expert at googling (no certificate for that either) and I am seeing a lot of red flags in this thread. So in the interest of expat-blog community, here is my take:

I googled "MADISON SCHOOL OF PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT"  (you can play along if you like) and landed at
meg-spd dot com.  In my opinion, this does not look like a professional website.  Red flag.  Compare to the the Cambridge English website (google "celta tefl" and click first link).

The link someone provided to cambridge.vn appears to be an Australian school, not affiliated with Cambridge English, and again the website does not inspire my confidence.

Next google "Cambridge TKT Course" and the first link is a course description. TKT ("Teaching Knowledge Test") at Cambridge English is a series of tests, and apparently you get some certificate if you pass. It is not the CELTA, you take the test at a local center, there is no teaching instruction, no teaching practice. For a course review, google "Cambridge TKT Course FAQ tefl.net".  Their suggestion is that you skip the TKT, it doesn't provide much value, and spend your money on the CELTA class. That is, if you want to teach English.

Lastly don't believe anything people say on the internet - even me. Go to three schools where you would like to work, ask them what schooling/qualifications/certificate they require. Make sense?!

Yea, great idea! Luckily, i did that. And im taking a Tesol class with a very reasonable price, also easily get accepted in any schools in my country ;)

So gobot which one you say that you would recommend after researching courses and visited a school?

gobot wrote:

I

The link someone provided to cambridge.vn appears to be an Australian school, not affiliated with Cambridge English, and again the website does not inspire my confidence.

Apologies - I posted up on the wrong link - corrected.

Yoda0807 wrote:

So gobot which one you say that you would recommend after researching courses and visited a school?

The Celta is the way to go.