Medication in Oman

Is it possible to get prescription medication in Muscat? e.g. for blood pressure? or sleeping tablets?
Do i bring from home?

Hi sheenspot,

To be able to buy any prescription medicine, you would need a Ministry of Health registered doctor's prescription. It is mandatory as per the local laws here.

Carrying more than a couple of strips of medicine also would be unwise, as it is again prohibited. You might face issues while clearing the customs when entering the Sultanate.

Safer would be for you to get a prescription from any local doctor and get the medicines you need, as long as the doctor feels you are in need of them.

Thank you very much for your assistance, take care, regards Sheena

Quite fortunate, I buy medication without a doctor's note.
Oh dear, sleeping pills are not good; too many effects in the long run.you might get addicted and completely fail to sleep without them

Thank you for the info, I usually take a sleeping tablet on a long distance flight
What about blood pressure meds?

I dont really know about blood pressure meds.isnt blood pressure a symptom of body dysfunction.  There are pharmacies that sell drugs without a note especially in malls.as long as you know what u want.I normally buy multivitamins, folic acids and Antibiotics