Self employment in Bahrain plus residency

I am about to change from fully contracted employment - working in Saudi and living in Bahrain - to self employed status, living in Bahrain and working throughout the GCC. Two questions I guess:

One is how to get residency for my wife & me. We are both UK citizens with multi-entry visas to Bahrain, but will ideally need to get resident status for us both so we aren't limited to 28-day stays.....
Second is how to set up self-employment status, that will allow me to work under sub-contract for various "employers".

All offers of help much appreciated.
Robin

Hello,
you need to set up a company from which you can then sponsor yourself and your family for residency.
You need a master degree most likely and an investment in terms of paid capital of 50k BHD for a Single Person Company or 20k as a WLL. Setting up costs around 1500 if you use a lawyer to carry out the process for you. Then it's around 1200 BHD every year. Residency permits are 200BD per person every 2 years. You need a physical address for your office and Security clearance. You need also a corporate bank account in which to deposit the company capital and a reference letter from a bank. The company needs to be audited every year.

EBABAH wrote:

Hello,
you need to set up a company from which you can then sponsor yourself and your family for residency.
You need a master degree most likely and an investment in terms of paid capital of 50k BHD for a Single Person Company or 20k as a WLL. Setting up costs around 1500 if you use a lawyer to carry out the process for you. Then it's around 1200 BHD every year. Residency permits are 200BD per person every 2 years. You need a physical address for your office and Security clearance. You need also a corporate bank account in which to deposit the company capital and a reference letter from a bank. The company needs to be audited every year.

How does this work ?

I already have a WLL CR , just a CR , I set it up like 2 years ago , there is a office address etc !

Now what's the step to get Residency Permits ?

Someone told to get LMRA login details to issue visas under the CR !

Am confused  :huh: