Is there Rock Climbing in Jeddah?

Just got into Jeddah a couple of days ago and was wondering if there is any rock climbing here? I used to climb and boulder quite a lot and was also an instructor back in the states. Its been some years now and life has taken its toll on my body, so I am committed to getting back in peak shape.
  If anyone knows of any indoor gyms or even if there is outdoor climbing ( I doubt it) please let me know.

Thanks

Hello Daniel4USA,

I would suggest that your browse our forum leisure and things to do in Saudi Arabia which will grant you a higher chance to find what you are looking for or something akin to it.

Thank you,
Gavind.
Expat.com Team.

Hello,

There is an article about a group called Qimmam Club this month Destination Jeddah...maybe  it will interest you

I appreciate the tip although I have already been in that area and didnt find anything relevant ( except for in Riyadh)

There are so many indoor gym's here in Jeddah like Gold's Gym, Fitness time and so many ...... In which area you are living in Jeddah? look out for Fitness time in or near your area as it got so many branches here.

im looking for rock climbing too........

I'm a member of this Facebook group: Saudi mountaineering and rockclimbing. It's not super active, and I don't think there is any mountaineering to speak of, but the occasional post is worth hearing about.

I have been to Golds a couple of times and never seen any rock climbing...
  I have read there are some bolted and trad climbs outside scattered throughout KSA, but its off season now (too hot) and I dont have gear. Plus I would rather pull on some plastic for a while and meet people before heading out to the desert to climb

As Psye_Fi , i'm a member of the facebook page, but there's almost no movment on this page...

I'm located  in Jeddah since january and even looking a lot, i did found any indoor/outdor climbing activity in town.

There's a very nice wall structure in the Arabian Mall, but it's only used for kid's entertainment... Which is a real pity cause it was for sure conceived  for real climbing activities...

If we are a group of interested people we could may be meet the manager there and ask for a slot for climbers... Even if the atmosphere is very noisy and very amusement park around...

Thanks Psye and Patms,
Going to the mall and trying to reserve a spot on the "kiddie wall" is a possibility but I have a feeling it would not get approval. Plus, I would rather climb in an actual climbing gym. I was able to get a hold of one of the Qimmam members who said there are some places to climb. Still waiting to hear back from him but will keep you guys in the loop once I hear from him

Please Daniel. Is there any updates from the group u found on Facebook?  The weather will be good i guess for this kind of activity in a couple of months.

Unfortunately I havent heard anything back... :(  Will keep a look-out though and post any updates

Hey.. I have been looking for a quite a while now, too. But you may contact me on xxx  and text me. We might be able to look around for something. I have a few other friends who are into rock climbing too.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your number on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi All, Any update for rock climbing around Jeddah,, I'm into it and well equipped..

There is a place in Jeddah called Happy Land (atallah)

yea hes not looking for "happy land" kind of rock climbing ...