Offers some good jazz singing opportunities

Hi, I'm an Englishman living in China which is very safe and pleasant, but a little boring. I'm thinking of trying Pattaya to live. I'm an English teacher and a jazz singer, so I'd want to live in a place that offers some good jazz singing opportunities. Any suggestions? I would really like to live somewhere where there's a beach.
China' s working regulations are similar, I guess, so I only teach English privately, and get paid in cash. I'm assuming that's what many other teachers do in Thailand?
Are there any jazz piano/keboardists already out there, looking for a good standards singer?
If anyone would like to make friends with me, before I arrive in Thailand, that would be great. Hope to meet some of you soon!
Richard Marly

Richardmarley - My hit from lots of experience - Pattaya has a shitty beach, lots of Russians and if you like beautiful young women, very expensive. For the best jazz scene I would recommend Bangkok. If you want to find your place in a jazz beach community, I recommend Chaweng on Koh Samui. There are also many amazing jazz musicians in Chiang Mai.

Hi Richard Marly,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for this intro.

I created a new topic on the Thailand forum;)

Dakan47 wrote:

Richardmarley - My hit from lots of experience - Pattaya has a shitty beach, lots of Russians and if you like beautiful young women, very expensive. For the best jazz scene I would recommend Bangkok. If you want to find your place in a jazz beach community, I recommend Chaweng on Koh Samui. There are also many amazing jazz musicians in Chiang Mai.

Agree with Dakan.

Hua-Hin, and Phuket are also the choice that I would recommended.