Work on Tourist Visa

Hi Folks,

My subject look little strange but wanted to know if a person can search for a software/IT job on tourist visa in Netherlands.

if so please suggest me the ways of searching a job.

How is the job market in Netherlands, how easy to get a job in software or IT feild?

Answers are highly appreciated.

Thanks,

you cannot work on a tourist visa in Amsterdam. Try some of the online sites such as Expatrica which list jobs. You need a work permit to work in Amsterdam and that can only be obtained for you by an employer, unless you are an EU citizen, then you don't need one.

Thanks Keith for the prompt and kind response,
A question on top of your question, atleast any consultancy or service based companies will arrange a interview with any company on job terms !!

what is the technology which are high demand in Amsterdam or any other parts of netherlands !!!

Thanks !

Hi my friend
yes you can find a very good job if you have an IT background. There are tons of indians and chinese people working in very well paid IT jobs.

Good luck and namaste
Merwyn

Hi ,

I have met a friend from Netherlands and we informed me that i can try for IT jobs in Netherlands through Tourist Visa and then after you get work permit you can work.

Currently i am working for IT /Software company in Kolkata, India hence is it possible i can get a job through tourist visa

MdSufi313 wrote:

Hi ,

I have met a friend from Netherlands and we informed me that i can try for IT jobs in Netherlands through Tourist Visa and then after you get work permit you can work.

Currently i am working for IT /Software company in Kolkata, India hence is it possible i can get a job through tourist visa

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

At the top of the page is a link to our Handy Tools section; if you select that, you'll get access to our Expat Guides; these may help you plan your journey.

To answer your specific question.  No, you can't do what you are proposing.  There is nothing stopping you coming to Holland on a tourist visa and while there, look for work.  But should you find it, you'll have to leave Holland and go back to your home country, then apply for an appropriate visa and go through the MVV process the same as everybody else.  There are various work visas, which one will depend on your skill-set and whether you are classified a high-skilled worker with skills that nobody else in Holland has; I guess only you will know the answer to that.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thanks for the reply but the last line confused me abit.
"nobody else in Holland has" as there is no profession in the world which no country has as my close friend working for Philips is working as Electronic embedded system engineer as high skilled immigrant but it doesn't mean no citizen in Holland has hence can you please elaborate this whether it depends on employer to issue me High skilled work visa or there is always a pool where i will be compared whether anyone has this skill set or not in Holland.

What cynic wanted to say is: The company will hire from outside Holland if they cannot find that skill in Holland in the time period they are looking for. The company must prove to the ministry that they tried everything possible to find that skillset locally when they apply for a WP for a non-EU national.

And the highly skilled visa program identifies such skills that are rare to be found in the local market, to get foreign professionals with such skillset to fill that gap.

Good luck with your search !!

Hi,

Your friend is one of them (a high-skilled worker); his company (Philips, I assume in Eindhoven), have convinced the Dutch Government department that approve these visas (IND), that he/she is doing a job that no local is qualified to do; as to whether that is true or not, I have no idea.  Your opinion regarding whether anybody else can do the job is just that, an opinion; your friend proves that someone else in authority thinks otherwise.

This is not an act of benevolence.  Normally, high skilled workers from outside Holland are sponsored by their employer for a specific job.  Employers don't issue visas, there is no pool of high-skilled workers waiting around the world for their number to come up.  If there is a specific job that they can't get a local to fill and they wish to employ a non-Dutch/EU national, then the Employer can apply for these visas on behalf of that person; there is provision in the law for you to apply yourself, but I've never heard of anyone doing that; it's in Dutch and costs money, best let the boss pay.  You should be aware that these are not permanent visas, at the end of the process, if he (or you) wanted to stay in Holland, then these people have to go through the process to get permanent residence.

For a non-high skilled visa, part of the immigration process is a referral to the Dutch Government UWV department to see if there is any chance of the person getting work in Holland; many applications fail at this stage because there are plenty of local people qualified and able to do the work; as I said previously, only you know where you sit in this.

Perhaps a good starting point would be to ask your friend if Philips would accept you as a high-skilled worker; it would make it much easier for you.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi

Could you please let me know while I am on tourist visa for 90 days can I apply for the jobs and if selected employer would help me get a work permit? Are there any consultancies which can help for tourist visa holder ? How the situation would differ if I have a dependent visa considering 30% ruling ?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

There is nothing stopping you from looking for work while you are in Holland on a tourist visa; however, you cannot apply for MVV (joint work and residence visa) from Holland, you would need to go back home and apply there, then return when you have your MVV - there is a Dutch language exam as part of this process.

30% tax ruling implies a highly skilled migrant visa; only companies registered with the IND can apply for such visas; again, you have to be outside of the country, but they normally only take 7 days to expedite.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team