Gay Marriage Visa Germany

Hi everyone!

My German partner and I(Mauritian) are planning to get married in Germany. Since, we're gay, it will then rather be registered life partnership. Im almost done gathering all the papers needed to fix a date for the wedding.

My question is: What comes next, speaking of visa. Do i have to apply for 'marriage' visa to be able to fly to Germany to get married and live with him? It still counts as marriage right?

I read on the net that some people just fixed a date, went there, got married and received their papers to stay without having to leave Germany and come back another time..but since i read many other things as well, im not sure anymore if this is doable ...seems so complicated, time consuming and costly.. its driving me crazy..

Has anyone here got any information that could help me or been through a similar situation??

I am not an expert and ony know the topic from hearsay, but I have heard that registered partnerships (contrary to actual marriages) are not recognised for visa purposes in Germany.
This is strange, in my opinion, for a country that is pretty advanced in LGBT rights - so please come back and post here what you find out and how you did this.
Good luck!