Invitation for meet-ups

Guys/Gals, Expats like me, Admins, Newbies or Pioneers:

I am currently working at Burgerfuel, located at Miral Mall, Mangaf. I would like to meet you all and have fun chats/Exchange ideas while enjoying the beautiful view of the seaside.
(Better bring your family and cameras with you!) I am a freshman here so i wish to have more friends.

I can spoke with my managers regarding this gathering and hopefully they could help me out with this..

Send me your comments/ideas/questions regarding this..thanks!

I'm up for organized meet ups on the south side... when, where, and who all's going?  :D

I am in mahboula and am up for it! However, due to work schedule it will have to be a weekend.

Count me in. Been to BF Miral before, very nice setting. The burgers are a bit over priced but the burger is big and tasty, not in the McDonald's way that is.

sooooo, who's arranging this? ...and when?  lol

Until BurbgerFuel removes their "Viet Kong" burger I am refusing to eat there.

That is all.

tinataitlyn wrote:

That is all.

You know that won't happen 'here' (sorry dear)  :unsure ... ... I've never even heard of a BurgerFuel ... is it like a Shake Shack, or Smashburger?  One of those overpriced burger joints?  lol

(the mall - never been in the place) Is it like a food court there?  are they're neutral tables where we could all set, go order from where we want, and still have the view?   :D

No "public tables" I am afraid, but the view is nice, especially from Costa. Can't hear the craziness taking place on the road behind the building, and if you ignore the lights of the refinery past Fahaheel you can almost imagine you are somewhere else.

I'm in if we are aiming for late afternoon/evening.

Just a few tips about organizing meet-ups that might help make this a success.

1. One person has to take charge and do the organizing or it will become chaos.

2. Select a specific date and time, should be at least 2 to 3 weeks into the future, to allow members to plan their schedules around the event.

3. Depending on the size of the city you should consider a central location that will be convenient to all members.

4. Post your meet-up details (time, date, location, cost (if any other than own meals)) as a separate topic to the forum. Once you have posted the topic, click on the "Report" triangle at the top righthand corner of your posting and request that moderators add a "STICKY" to the topic. This will keep it among the items at the very top of the first page of your forum. The "Report" button will bring your request quickly to the attention of someone on the Moderation Team.

5.  After the event has taken place, "Report" your topic again to request that the "STICKY" be removed.

6.  Take lots of photos of your event, use your Photobucket, Flick'r or other photo sharing site account to post photos here on the forum to show how much fun was had by all. This will certainly guarantee even better turn-outs for future meet-ups you may decide to hold.

Good luck, sounds like this will be a fun event and I hope these tips will help.

Cheers,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

Huh James, I think you are trying to get us to use a 16-ton press to hit a tiny little nail. We are not organizing a congress here, just a handful of people are considering to meet. :)

@Ribosom,

Well hopefully one would want that meet-up to be a success. I gave some sound tips that would help ensure that would be the case. Don't want helpful suggestions..... that's perfectly fine by me my friend! Especially considering that the OP was @groundzero11 and not you. But, thanks for you opinion at any rate.

Have fun, whether it's a smash hit or a flop.

Cheers,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

Thank you for the tips, James! I appreciate all that especially for a beginner like me :)

Honestly, I'm just a newbie who wants to meet new friends here in this site.. So what I can guarantee to offer is a place to gather around (spacious one) and I assure you a good view of the sea and the Miral Mall itself!! :)..  I'm planning if are you guys available on Friday/Saturday next week? Give me your thoughts on this..

Sorry Tinataitlyn if you've had a bad experience with the "VietKong" but I assure you It's removed already from the board.. and if this meet-up project will come true, I'll be with you to assist like sister :)

Hi guys,

If you live in Mahboula, You may want to check out the new upcoming malls in Egaila - the Arabia Mall & Sama Mall, just opposite the ACM University for meet ups in the future. The Sama Mall is white and Gold and trendy with the new Lulu Hyper market coming up and the Sultan Centre in the Arabia Mall.

Check it out when you can.

Do you have any information when these may open as it will save us from driving distances, increasing our chances of survival?
Sultant has a sign posted that it will open "Soon" for two months now, and the other place appears like it will never open.

I'm keen to meet up!! Does anyone go to Al Kout mall in Fahaheel often?

tinataitlyn wrote:

That is all.

Their politically incorrect burger was a limited time item that came off the menu first of the month… I looked and asked about it… lol   :proud

justfedup wrote:

Count me in. Been to BF Miral before, very nice setting. The burgers are a bit over priced but the burger is big and tasty, not in the McDonald's way that is.

Yeah, I got curious and visited the place yesterday for lunch…  nice location, good view, nice little beach… and yes, over priced … lol

I walked up to their menu board and was quite unimpressed (with the media presentation), almost deciding to walk downstairs and take lunch at Fridays… but a young lady from Iloilo walked up while I was looking and talked me through the menu items.  So I ordered a burger, onion rings, and coke to try things out … it did come out tasty ... but … lol … if I were to compare to lets say McD (were I spend an average of about 1.8), it might have been worth and extra 1kd … it cost me 4.950 … so I would consider the value for the money as lacking, unless you believe the sea view to be worth an extra 2kd+ … service was good … fairly new looking, and relatively clean …  :D

Ribosom wrote:

Huh James, I think you are trying to get us to use a 16-ton press to hit a tiny little nail. We are not organizing a congress here, just a handful of people are considering to meet. :)

yeah Rb, ignore James as he seems to come across like that a lot, and sometimes a little out of context … although … the whole Sticky thingy info seemed like a cool concept.   Thumbs up on that   :top:

groundzero11 wrote:

Honestly, I'm just a newbie who wants to meet new friends here in this site.. So what I can guarantee to offer is a place to gather around (spacious one) and I assure you a good view of the sea and the Miral Mall itself!! :)..  I'm planning if are you guys available on Friday/Saturday next week? Give me your thoughts on this..

I'm good with either a Thursday or Friday early evening before the crowds set in on the place (maybe sometime starting between 4 and 6)

:D

@Enigmausly: you've probably never heard of BurgerFuel because it's an Australian burger chain and not from the states  :D Btw Shake Shack is only overpriced here in Kuwait in NYC it's actually very reasonably priced and they get their beef patties from Pat LaFrieda  :proud

@groundzero11: I've actually never tried it but got turned off by the name...  :mad:

I agree with @James on point #2.

@groundzero11 as the organizer of the meet up please specify 2 dates we can choose from and you can set the one with the highest turnout. Create, if possible, a whatsapp group (or any other for that matter) to help in the communication and organization.

The rest, please send a private message to @groundzero11 with your contacts and a preferred date to help narrow down the selection.

@tinataitlyn "VietKong"  burger? Off the list. Would be a pleasure to have you.

@legacy where are you man? :P

reading and lol'ing to myself at the threads JFU :P

in my honest, humble opinion, the only burger i crave is the one that is easy on the pocket and filling to the stomach, so in that regard, i only choose Fudruckers, they only have one location in Kuwait - muhallab mall, which is walking distance and rightfully so as u need to walk after their meal - around 3-4KD but you get a free salad - buffet style, as well as several dipping sauces - oh oh and the burger comes with free wedges - reminds me of a place back home called wild burger...

i see this as a good "publicity stunt", no offence to the OP who admits to working at burger fuel, thereby are trying to drive up revenues by appealing to expats - the majority in kuwait. i'm all for raising awareness, but if you are limiting the choice of the expat populace to YOUR restaurant, then make it worth their while by atleast offering a promotional item for free.

sorry for being blunt, but i am in Finance and i do have a passion for marketing, so i can see when 2-and-2 are put together.

as James said, unless one person takes point, this will end up being an exercise in futility, already there have been calls for a different location by JudyeBorges and creativemarketinga1.

in order to make an outing successful, a location has to be selected that caters to everyones needs, so, seeing as how miral has a fantabulous view, i would suggest people getting whatever food they want from the structure, linking several covers together and sitting at the beach, large group style, and enjoying eating their desired food (based on their own budget, dietary needs, beliefs etc.) in synchronous harmony.

and that is my two cents as i havent written anything on the forum in so long :P

yeah, thought the same about the promotional, but decided to ignore it ... lol ... I PM'ed my digits, and I'll just hang out on the side to see what direction this goes ...  :gloria:D   lol

legacy wrote:

and that is my two cents as i havent written anything on the forum in so long :P

For those who don't know, by long time he means 8 hours :)

When is the meet up??

Alright, I am "taking charge". :)

Next Saturday, May 23rd, 5PM at Miral. Whoever is interested can contact me wit their phone number and I will create a WhatsApp or Viber group. I need a minimum of one person to show up, but I can have a coffee all by myself as well.

Hi everyone,
I just registered here to join your meet ups.
Is it still on?

When is this gathering?

the meet-up was yesterday ... but hey ... 'you' could organize another one!!  lol   :D

Sure plan something and invite you 😉😉😉

works for us!  :)

looks like I missed it too, will need to check this space more often ...

Hi Judy,nice meeting u ,well Adonis is my name planning of relocate to kuwait but I like u can we be friends?take care and hope am gonna hear from u.thanks Adonis

Hello guy I hope I can catch you up im close in miral.

@JudyeBorges

Hi Judy.

Your inbox is full.  Al Kout is nice now to sit outside. The weather is excellent.

You can find me at my gmail address: ***.

Thanks,

J

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hello All,
I'm new here in Kuwait and looking for a bit of a social life I am staying in Mangaf and would love to meet up for a coffee and a chat. Let me know if there is a meet coming up.
Hope to see you all soon.
Jimmy
P.S. I'm on a 2 and 1 Rotation so may not be able to reply straight away.

Looks like next meetup in Mangaf :)

Hi Judy,
Good to hear from you and thanks for replying.
I'm going to be walking to the Al Kout Mall tonight leaving Mangaf at about 6 pm.
Please let me know if you fancy a coffee? and where I'll be wearing a dark blue T shirt with green shorts. Logo on back of Shirt says WI-Sci in big letters.
I'll be wearing a pink carnation in my lapel lol. Old film I know. not really.

Hi @BootsUK . Thanks for the description haha I'm sure a lot of people will turn up :).I just flew in today and I'm tired from the long flight. Maybe some other time. Let me know how it goes :). Send me a msg.

Hi Judy, Welcome Back. I was supposed to be going home last Wednesday but my residency visa is not ready !!! grrrrrrrr.
Not sure when I'm going or when I'll be back. I'll keep a look out here for the next meet when I'm available.

Jimmy (BootsUK)

groundzero11 wrote:

im in for it too..":l hopefully ill have my day off on that days...  im just nearby... :)😆😆