Residence Card - Waiting Time

Hi all. I would like an opinion/help.

My boyfriend, a Swedish national, has submitted the application and all related documents for the residence card (self-sufficiency category) last January. He was told that within around 8 weeks he would get it.
It's been almost 4 months now and he still didn't get any notice for him to pick the card.

Is it normal or is it better if he asks about it? What is the best way to contact the office (do they reply to emails or would it be better to call or go in person)?

Thanks in advance!

Forget the emails, they don't answer.

He need to go at the office and ask "live". My process was "forget" in some desk for 2 months. After I ask them face by face, I receive the letter to pick up the ID in one week.

Cheers,

Go and ask, it may be that the letter advising you its ready has been lost in the post.

Terry

When we got our first card we actually got through on the phone and the lady we spoke to went and checked and told us it was ready to pick up, they just had not sent the letter!

Ray

Unfortunately with all the illegals coming here from Africa, everything seems to have come to a grinding halt as they appear to have priority, my suggestion and it will be painful is take all the original docs along with another set copied to the authorities on the customs house steps road and stand in the queue very early and make demands which our new neighbours seem to be doing all the time, hold your ground and emphasis you are self sufficient and are not a charity case but a genuine ex pat who can make his way without assistance.
Take lots of water and a few sarnies with you, it could be a long wait.

Good luck
Mik

Thanks all for the suggestions! We'll go ahead and ask about it then, I also thought that maybe they never sent the letter after all.

@Mik: Do you know of other such cases where they were denied the card? He has nightmares about that queue. Back in January, after 2 hours of waiting, we were told that he needed the photograph and passport copy signed... a brand-new requirement which they hadn't bothered to publish anywhere.

Cheers,
Tiziana.

I dont know of any cases where the card was denied, the signing of pp and photo must be a new thing as we never had to

mikgrigor wrote:

Unfortunately with all the illegals coming here from Africa, everything seems to have come to a grinding halt as they appear to have priority, .

Good luck
Mik

Not sure that is true as the system and paperwork is completely different for "irregular immigrants" as they were processed in a different office (when the EID was first introduced).

Terry