Where to live if working in Rose Hill?

I am hoping to move to a job in the Rose Hill area in Mauritius later this year.  As a 50+ single women from the UK, I would appreciate any suggestions as to where I should look to live.  I would be looking for an apartment which has easy access to shops and restaurants.  Ideally I would want to be within 30 minutes drive of the office.

beau bassin its a nice area.  also you might want to check out areas like curepipe and quatre bornes.

ideal village to live is moka

Moderated by Priscilla
Reason : Free ads not allowed here

Maybe Bout du Monde just outside Rose Hill between RH and Ebene. Don't go to Flic en Flac...driving is maybe within the 30 mins...but terrible...

@ jkev > I will also advise these following areas :

- Moka
- Ebene
- Quatre Bornes
- Belle Rose
- Beau Bassin
- Vacoas
- Phoenix

Many thanks to everyone for your suggestions and also advising that Flic en Flac is not  a  good drive.

Hi
I read with interest the suggestions of where to live, but all the above places are inland.  I am also 50+ single lady moving in July and am looking for a nice area by the coast.  I want to look out of my windows and see the sea.  Any suggestions.
Thanks
Barbara

At barbara you can check these area

Grand Baie
P.aux cannonier
Mon choisy
P.aux biches

All in the north, with supermarket, pharmacy, Bus stop all accessible. If you looking for houses in any of these areas , then you can check the housing section on this forum

Cheers
Jake

Hi
You could live in Rose Hill, Trianon, Quatre Bornes and Moka.  If you like for a calm and green  place and not far from the cities, Moka is the best region , in 10 mins drive you will be at Rose Hill .

Thanks Jake

Moderated by Priscilla
Reason : the forum is not the right section, please post in the housing section

Something you need to consider is the time it takes to travel from some of the suggested places. The traffic is terrible round Rose Hill due to its proximity to Cybercity.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : No free ads + please post in the housing section

Thanks for the offer, but I will be visiting for a short time in late June and plan to look at properties then.

ebene

Hello Jkev,
if like me, you do not like to drive in the traffic, then I would be looking for a place very close to the office.  We have nice places in beau bassin (balfour garden area).  If you can plan driving to and from the office off peak hours, (or off heavily trafficked roads) then look for a place central (Quatre bornes, Phoenix, Curepipe)  You can find places very close to supermarkets, restaurants, etc.
Curepipe and Phoenix are among the places that are less hot (tropical weather) and many people from UK like the climate there.
Check the housing section of this forum and you have a plus whereby you can actually visit the places when you are here in June.   A feel on site is way better than from pictures...
Hope it helps.

I think the best thing that you can do is rent short term and have a good luck around the Island and then decide where you would like to live and what you want from your spare time.

i.e. if you want to see the beach and sea, then Flic en Flac, Albion will be OK, I have friends who live in both of these area's and are very happy. some of them work in Ebene, Cyber City, QB and PL and have no difficulty getting to work on the new roads, yes traffic is heavy during rush hour times but that's the same world over.

Come to this beautiful Island and rent short term, travel around and decide whether you want to live inland or on the coast, hire a car and work out your travel distances - only then make a long term decision.

Good luck :)

I would say Rosiewestie has a very good point.

There are lots of apartment blocks in the area between Phoenix and Rose Hill in the Trianon area and are in the upper market i.e. price range and not social housing.  Then you are only a few minutes from Rose Hill and close to 3 shopping malls , Jumbo at Phoenix with a good selection of Restaurants, The same applies now to Trianon shopping Park after its recent refurbishment.  To a lesser degree and not much there but still has potential is Phoenix Les Halles it used to have a supermarket but that has become a car Showroom.  Not far when the traffic is quiet in Mauritius you would only be a short drive to the Jewel of Mauritius shopping Malls  BAGATELLE , although it has a serious rival at Grand Baie

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Please post in the housing section section

Thank you all for the info and suggestions.  One of my colleague has said that the journey home to Flic en Flac or Albion is not too bad as usually it is after the worst of the traffic, but the drive in can be a pain unless you get to the office by 8am so I have decided to suspend judgement until I can see things and get a feel for where I want to be.

Beau Bassin, Vandermesch nice area.