Indian Hotel Check-in Requirements

Hi!

Is Indian residence permit ALSO required along with the passport (with working visa) required in domestic hotel check-in?

Or Foreign passport with valid working visa stamp sufficient for domestic hotel check-in?

Thanks.

For hotel check in what you need is Passport & Visa only.

I agree with you but PANCHAVATI Hotel in Aurangbad disagrees. They denied a hotel check-in to a fellow expat who did not bring her residence permit.

so sad...

Thats too sad. Some hotel staff's dont understand the rules and policies. ( For eg.,They even ask for a Signature in the Credit card swipe receipt where the signature is not required)
Passport and Visa is more than enough, as my counter expats use it when they in Check in at the hotels in Delhi and Pune.

Hidden in your answer may have been the answer. "She" was refused.

There can be serious discrimination against women traveling alone.  They may have been looking for a reason to refuse her for whatever reason. 

I have never been refused at a hotel and am more than happy to take my money down the street for this nonsense.  On the other hand, if my travel requires a passport, I would have my residence permit stapled inside. 

I carry photocopies of my documents that the hotel may keep.  Makes it easier for them and I am never willing to let anyone keep my documents, ever. You can look at the passport and you can make a copy but you may not keep it overnight.