Biology jobs - please share your tips&tricks to find a job in HCMC

Hi all,

Does anyone have some tips and tricks to find a job in HCMC? I studied biology in Belgium, and have about 3 years of working experience. Now I want to settle in Saigon, but I notice that it's not that straightforward to find a job without any network.
For the moment I'm still taking Vietnamese classes so I would already be happy with some part-time job/vollunteer activity.
All tips are welcome!

Im studying German, not work yet so I dont have much experience but I can ask my teacher and let you know later, Ok? Do you want to exchange languages with me. I live in Ho Chi Minh city! ;)

Thanks!
Well, if you want to improve your German with me I have to disappoint you because my German is very very limited. I speak Dutch, English, some French and Spanish.

Its ok! Dont worry, making friend is also a good idea, right? I hope I can show you how beautiful SaiGon is one day :-)

There's a website called VietnamWork. Maybe that's worth a try?

Yes, I know it. I already subscribed but only a few jobs for my field of interest and if any I don't get any response. Maybe it will change soon...
Thanks anyway!

Hi Vishale.
I an engineer about gas and oil Petroleum in Ho chi minh city.I feel interesting if we meet and exchange about your majo, in my company have apatment biology. Other, i want improve of Speak English, can you help me?
I hope see again.
Sky.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Vyshal, you should update your profile on Linkedin. There may be jobs posted on it. Good luck!
Tam

Hi Vyshal !
Can you share to me what jobs are you looking for?
Usually I find the job via the job market vietnamworks.com/.  or jobstreet.vn/en/
Or you can find some part time jobs in HCM like English teacher to boarden your network and your vietnamese. That will help you to find your desired job.

Hope this helps

Phuc,

I am looking for a job in R&D related to biology/aquaculture, teaching sciences is also a possibility. I already subscribed on these sites, but they mainly demand people with perfect Vietnamese language skills.
Once I finish my Vietnamese course, I will apply for a TOESOL or CELTA course so I can go for an English teaching certificate.

Vyshal,
I recommend you some famous universitys and institutes :

In HCM :
For R&D: vienthuysan2.org.vn/index.php/en/ 
For teaching and R&D :  en.hcmuaf.edu.vn/

In Nha Trang ( 500km far away from north HCMC):
For R&D:  ria3.vn/en/about/Pages/organizational-structure.aspx
Institute:   ntu.edu.vn/en/ACADEMICUNITS/InstitutesandCenters.aspx
                vnio.org.vn/Home/Aboutus/tabid/108/language/en-US/Default.aspx

You can get more info on google by using the keywords " nuôi trồng thủy sản"  or  " viện nghiên cứu thủy sản" .
For teaching sciences you may have a master degree (at least) and  fluent Vietnamese also ( because students is vnmese :D).

Thanks Phuc!
Maybe it will take a few months more before I can teach in Vietnamese... :)

Hi Vyshal!! :)
I'm Thu living in HCM city.
My major is biology, too.^^

If you prefer work in R&D related to biology/aquaculture or teaching biology, you can contact with my teacher teaching about Ecology (it includes Aquaculture) at University of Sciences in Ho Chi Minh city where we often have active research projects.
(This is not an advertisement ;) so don't worry.)

You can contact me at: [email protected] then we can talk (I mean "chat" haha) more :) )
Have a good day, Vyshal!!! ^^