Is it possible to come on a tourist visa to search for a work

Dear Sir/ Ma, Is it possible to come with a tourist visa to Maldives
and stay 1 month searching for a job
and get one?

Tourist visa is not meant to look for a job. However in a visit to Maldives you probably can look for a job although that must not be the purpose of visit.
The correct way is to get in touch with an employment agency or a potential employer to get employment.

Thanks in bunch MAKHMA, I really appreciate you alots.

Is it possible to come on a tourist to find and look for a job, and again how is life been for a foreigner there in Maldives most expecially Nigerian there.

I want to know how much life been there in Maldives , is it much better than Nigeria , and what kinda job is it there in Maldives, because am planning to apply for tourists visa this coming week

Hi Adewealth,

Welcome to the Maldives forum.

The answer to the first question has already been given :

makhma wrote:

Tourist visa is not meant to look for a job. However in a visit to Maldives you probably can look for a job although that must not be the purpose of visit.
The correct way is to get in touch with an employment agency or a potential employer to get employment.

For your other queries, you should create a new topic as you are somewhat off-topic here.

Link below to create a new discussion :

- https://www.expat.com/forum/post.php?fi … mp;lang=en

Feel free to start a new discussion with any questions you might have.

Best of luck,
Bhavna  :)

you can come on a tourist visa and can look for a job but do not disclose it at immigration counter else you will be sent back home with a next flight, bcoz tourist visa is for tourism so you have to play smart. secondly it is not easy to get a job in maldives by reading the newspaper and going for interview bcoz mostly the interviews are conducted online while the candidate is in his / her country and it is not easy for a new person to move to different island to look for job.
last but not the least some how even if you get a job then again you have to go out to change your visa and it takes 7 to 10 working days to get it done so if you have enough funds to travel all the time then go for it else sit in your country and do it online

cheers

Why not? You Can give a try

Kk thanks for your respond here on my question, if I apply online here for work on Maldives and my request is been granted , how really is to survive there ? Because have not been out of my country before ? And did they treat blacks there in a good manner ? Thanks for giving me solution to my question.

Do you live in Maldives ?

Dear Adewealth;

Please come in the Maldives in the legal way. You can apply online or directly to the company and if they find you suitable for the post, they will call and hire you and give you proper travel documentation. They don't care about your race as long as you follow their rules and regulations..

Cheers =)

Can you send me some websites by which one can search for jobs.