I NEED A STAY IN NANNY/MAID FOR MY 2 KIDS !

i'm in need of an all aound maid to work in sta ana manila, to mostly take care of my 2 kids, a 6 yr old boy and 4 yr old girl. bantay lang ng bata halos ang gagawin, basta marunong magsaing(rice cooker nmn gamit), marunong magprito khit pano( may nagluluto nmn kase), marunong maglinis ng bhay(walis lng sa umga at hapon), d nmn kelangan marunong maglaba kase nagpapa laba nmn ako. kelangan lng ng ksama ung mga bata maghapon. madalas nmn clang nanonood lng ng tv. i'm mostly at work kase. i need atleast 2 maids para d mahirap magbantay sa bata. but if kaya  ng 1 lng, mas maganda. this is urgent ! tinataas ko naman ung sahod pag nkikita kong masipag tlga.

ages 18-40 yrs old. starting na sahod is 3,000 (if 2 sila) 4,000 naman is isa lng sya. kelangan ko stay in. every week naman and day off. txt me asap  . required ko lng na may valid id/ birth certificate/ brgy certificate. ..

Moderated by Gavind 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal contact info on the forum for security measures.

I too need a maid because I'm so fed up with the one I currently have. An applicant has to be proactive or "nagkukusa" and should have housekeeping smarts or at least common sense or "marunong / matino", and I will be straightforward in what I need and expect.

For example, you should know that you do not mop the floor or watering plants for the sake of mopping or watering alone. If you see a sticky area on the floor, you do not ignore it or leave it as is just because you have already used the mop on it. You find some other way to remove it. Or if you see that the potted poinsettia's leaves looks droopy around noon on a very warm day, you do not wait until the routine 2nd watering of the garden in the late afternoon to water it.

If I tell you that you should cook the fish stew at the outdoor kitchen because it could stink up the indoor kitchen and parts of the house, you do know that you do not place the cooker near an open window. When I ask you to crack crabs, you do not use a mallet on the crab on top of the granite countertop without using a chopping board. (Thank goodness it didn't crack the counter!) You should have been observant as you've seen me so many times use a crab cracker. Speaking of crabs, you do understand that they're expensive and that you do not give the cat half a bowl of left over crab meat as a snack. Or cut up the prime sirloin steak and use it as a garnish / flavor for chopsuey, and after I've already told you they're for grilling.

You do sense the need for urgency. For example, if you know that there's going to be a MayPac ppv party at home starting at 9am, you do not just disappear into your bedroom, brushing the muddy floor of your bedroom which I asked you to clean 3 days ago, or sweep the floors slowly. I do not have to tell you that I need help in preparing for the party right now. And in the morning after the party, you know that you should use first the tons of leftovers instead of preparing a new 3-dish breakfast, which is ridiculously too much for 3 adults (which already includes you and the yaya).

Just because I do not use the maid's bathroom or inspect it often doesn't mean you don't need to keep it clean on a regular basis. Or if I noticed a cat poop smell in one of the rooms, from a cat trapped there, when I arrive in the afternoon, you do not just nonchallantly tell me, "Yeah, I noticed that smell too earlier today." You do know that if you notice that water keeps flowing out of the toilet and you cannot fix it, you do not wait until I get home to tell me about it when there's a phone at home with my landline and work phone numbers in the directory.

You do know to wash now the 2 plates and cups that the kids used for their afternoon merienda / snack and not wait after dinner. Same with the cooktop. You do know and not forget that you should not wait till the end of the day to wipe off the grime and splatter on the stove, especially after you've heard guests comment that I probably paid a lot for the large stainless steel stove and sink, and you've actually seen me clean them myself.

I will train you for 2 weeks and expect that you learn the routines by 1 month. Like I said, I need a maid who is proactive and with common sense.  If I see you napping when I get home, truly I will NOT take it against you if you have things clean and in order. You do not need to take care of the kids (maybe except when the yaya is away or needs a break) as I already have a sensible yaya do that. The floors are low maintenance - just mopping. No polishing. You need to do laundry for 2 adults and 2 kids and for linens.

You have to be over 18 (and look like it, not just on your birth certificate, as this can be falsified) but not older than 35.  Starting salary is 4k, with SSS, PagIbig and PhilHealth after 6 months, and 13th-month pay. If you are a highschool graduate, I might even consider enrolling you in a nearby college, after my yaya has graduated. By the way, I'm near Fairview in Quezon City. Send me a private message via this forum if you are interested.

Hello ! :)

Please refer to the Personal and household services jobs in the Philippines to see adverts from interested candidates seeking employment.

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi,

i've already talked to some of them, And they don't seem to be interested. thank you

in response to fam    wth -it should be the other way round   -she must be fed up of you   ,they would have to be really desperate  to apply after reading that

greenetravel wrote:

in response to fam    wth -it should be the other way round   -she must be fed up of you   ,they would have to be really desperate  to apply after reading that

Actually, my demands are very reasonable. Have you had a maid before?

FilAmericanMom wrote:
greenetravel wrote:

that seems to be part of the problem  -you may have a list of requirements for the job  -children make demands not adults.

greenetravel wrote:
FilAmericanMom wrote:
greenetravel wrote:

that seems to be part of the problem  -you may have a list of requirements for the job  -children make demands not adults.

Employers make demands. Not employees.

greenetravel wrote:
FilAmericanMom wrote:
greenetravel wrote:

Looks like you haven't had experience hiring a maid. Let me do a metaphor for you. Imagine you take in a house mate in your rental apartment because you often go on trips and would not want the house empty. Rent is free if he cleans up after himself and keeps the apartment in order.  He has his own room and toilet. What if you come home after a day out of town and you find that your computer is damaged by water. Your friend tells you,

"I saw a large puddle of water accumulate at your table from rain from an open window. But I didn't wipe it because it will dry off on its own eventually anyways. Unfortunately the water flowed first towards your laptop and dripped on your carpet. The landlord will definitely take a chunk off your security deposit due to that stained musty moldy spot."

"I smelled something really bad in your room. The neighbor's cat probably came by the window and left a big mess under your bed. I really don't mind it, even if the smell spreads to other parts of the house, reeking of cat poop."

"I do sweep the house sometimes. But my milk spill in the hallway just can't be swept off by a broom. So, I just leave that alone. Well, at least I sweep."

"Oh, and that toilet has been leaking water continuously just right after you left. I don't know how to fix it and I'm embarassed to call anyone about that problem. So I'll just let you deal with it til you came back from your one-day trip. Glad that I don't need to pay for water."

And then you find out that his room is so dirty and his bathroom muddy.  He says, "I do clean. Maybe once every two weeks. It's a waste of time to clean everyday. I'd rather spend that time on social networks and texting. And this is my space anyways."

How would you react? What would be your opinion of your friend? Smart?

Good luck
I think you have just single handedly changed the philippine culture forever, no maid will ever want to work for a foreigner especially a FilAm again and who could you blame her. Maids must be treated with respect, as was your wish before you met your American. My guess is that you were once a  filipina maid.

Ccchapo wrote:

Good luck
I think you have just single handedly changed the philippine culture forever, no maid will ever want to work for a foreigner especially a FilAm again and who could you blame her. Maids must be treated with respect, as was your wish before you met your American. My guess is that you were once a  filipina maid.

I was never a maid either here or abroad. I am an employer and I work hard for my money. Whether it's my maid or my assembly men, I expect that people who work for me to respect the things I have worked hard for and not damage them. If you read the gist of my post, all I'm asking is for someone who has common sense and is proactive (or "nagkukusa" in Tagalog). That's it.

Anyone who thinks my current maid is great and needs one, take her. Please. She pleads not to let her go because she needs the money to support her newborn sister. Just recently, I caught her put a tablespoon of rice on our rice cooker. (We have brown rice.) I asked her why she did that. She said it's because so the rice won't spoil quicker (so she cook only once in the morning and make it last until dinner, instead of cooking a second batch for dinner. It's summer and so hot so food spoils quicker.) PLEASE! TAKE HER!

My yaya is a lot more sensible. She came back after just 2 weeks of her planned 1-month vacation to see her sick father. She likes working for me, and she was afraid that I might get a replacement if she takes too long to return. I do reward smart employees. In her case, it was a scholarship. I like her and even paid for her airfare back, even if I didn't need to.

I think your a Filipina who became to Americanized. Even if she's not a good maid, you sound like you became spoiled. Please go back to understanding Filipino culture.
I have a feeling that after any maid reads your demands, nobody will offer to help.

Good luck on your search,

FilAmericanMom wrote:
greenetravel wrote:
FilAmericanMom wrote:

Employers make demands. Not employees.

as you can see -others have expressed similar opinion to mine   ,you can set rules /requirements before you employ someone   but coming on a public forum acting like a spoilt brat   -makes it look like your the one that needs a yaya to look after you,if i was to take in a house mate /renter -then they would be under agreement to take care of the place and if didnt -then they should pay for any damage /cleaning   ,also use some common sense and dont go hijacking someone elses post   .

Obviously, 'arty5987', 'Ccchapo', and 'greenetravel' have no experience with bad housekeeping. I wholeheartedly agree with 'FilAmericanMom'. I understand the salient points she is trying to emphasize. Some maid(s) do not use common sense and are lazy.

However, I would not broadcast publicly, your current deficiencies with the maid in your employ now, especially if you desire to hire another to replace the one you have now. (As you can see, there are individuals that misconstrue your thoughts).

I have had many maids over an 11-year period and I learned with each one: some are good, so-so, and bad. It's kind of a hit-n-miss tactic, FilAmericanMom. I will be in the search market once again in a few months, when I return from the U.S. It can definitely be a headache, finding a good maid that uses commonsense and/or is not lazy.

Looking for a filipina maid who is proactive with common sense, and throw in honest, is like looking for the end of a rainbow, they don't exist, you know that. You just have to lower your expectations.

They exist. They are just difficult to find. The ones that I have found learn and they are so great that I recommend them to move on: higher education, start their own little business, go abroad to work for a higher salary, etc. This leaves me with filtering a dozen or so and re-training again...endless cycle and can be frustrating at times.

arty5987 wrote:

I think your a Filipina who became to Americanized.

"Americanized". Don't even know what that exactly is. Is being American a bad thing? Is inculcating good work ethic and smarts on your employees a bad thing?

arty5987 wrote:

Good luck on your search,

Thanks!

alltojah wrote:

However, I would not broadcast publicly, your current deficiencies with the maid in your employ now, especially if you desire to hire another to replace the one you have now. (As you can see, there are individuals that misconstrue your thoughts).

I have had many maids over an 11-year period and I learned with each one: some are good, so-so, and bad. It's kind of a hit-n-miss tactic, FilAmericanMom. I will be in the search market once again in a few months, when I return from the U.S. It can definitely be a headache, finding a good maid that uses commonsense and/or is not lazy.

I will start another thread.  Maybe I'll ask questions like in the personality test in employment applications.  And ask also how one would react in real life situations that could happen in the work place.

I agree that you should not disrespect other maid. In fact I would not call her/he a maid at all. I would be interested for a few months but am not allowed to work in Philippines. A British citizen and only visit for month at a time.

accrington wrote:

I agree that you should not disrespect other maid. In fact I would not call her/he a maid at all. I would be interested for a few months but am not allowed to work in Philippines. A British citizen and only visit for month at a time.

"Maid" is actually an acceptable term here. And so is "secretary". What term do you think I should replace "maid"  with to be more politically correct? "Househelp" might be unclear since it could also apply to a nanny. I have been away in the Philippines for many years. Is "nanny" already politically incorrect?

Housekeeper/Childcarer if you want good English (governor)ha ha!

Can i apply maam?? i am ex abroad. And willing to work...thank you ... Maricel po

Moderated by Kenjee
Reason : For security reasons please do not give over personal contact infos on the forum

alltojah wrote:

Obviously, 'arty5987', 'Ccchapo', and 'greenetravel' have no experience with bad housekeeping. I wholeheartedly agree with 'FilAmericanMom'. I understand the salient points she is trying to emphasize. Some maid(s) do not use common sense and are lazy.

obviously? the only thing that is obvious is that you have no idea what we have experienced -if you had a bad maid -then should get rid of her,if the maids are so bad -why doesnt the so perfect mother stay home and look after her own kids-------

Maricel1133 wrote:

Can i apply maam?? i am ex abroad. And willing to work...thank you ... Maricel po

Moderated by Kenjee
Reason : For security reasons please do not give over personal contact infos on the forum

hope your applying for the original post

All I can say is that FilAm mom sounds stuck up and is a drama queen. The last comment was correct. If no maid lives up to your standards, take care of it yourself !!

Moderated by Christine
Reason: off topic + weird post

hi,po good eve avail pa po ba ung position,i am an ex abroad 47 yrs old na po but still fit to wrk

theressa cupatan wrote:

hi,po good eve avail pa po ba ung position,i am an ex abroad 47 yrs old na po but still fit to wrk

ENGLISH PLEASE as this is an English speaking forum.

@theressa cupatan > as stumpy said, you should please write in English on this forum. Thank you.

hi,sorry,what i said can i apply that position if still available?i am a former nanny too and i am 47yrs.old

kenjee wrote:

Hello ! :)

Please refer to the Personal and household services jobs in the Philippines whether you are seeking or offering nanny jobs

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

greenetravel wrote:
alltojah wrote:

obviously? the only thing that is obvious is that you have no idea what we have experienced -if you had a bad maid -then should get rid of her,if the maids are so bad -why doesnt the so perfect mother stay home and look after her own kids-------

It's really annoying that such comments could come from people who live in this day and age, where men and women's roles have changed since the past 70 or more years. And why is it when men speak their mind, they're called “assertive”. But women speak their mind they're labelled as “stuck up” and “drama queens”.

Truly, it's my dream job to stay at home at look after my children on my own. But I can't. I am the main breadwinner in the family, earning more than enough to cover all of our expenses. On the other hand, my husband's income as a call center agent is barely enough to cover tuition and school fees for my 2 kids and our grocery / food expenses.  In addition, my son has a certain condition and needs therapy. It was our desire that he be integrated in a good private school, instead of a special needs school. He also needs extra attention at school under a special guidance program. I often worry about how they would cope if I suddenly pass away.

So, I'm saving up for constructing apartment rentals so my husband and kids can have extra income, just in case. I work 6 days a week, 10+ hours a day, working at a shop that's close to a hot and polluted highway.  Is it too much to ask to have a good housekeeper to take care of the things I worked hard for, and also so I will still have energy to get up the next morning? 

Actually, I could just not work, and ask my Filipino parents money for the expenses in excess of what my husband earns currently. But if I do that, I would be no different from people who prefer to just sit at home, even if they are able to work, or in Tagalog “estambay”, and wait for financial support from their relatives who have income. And I might have done just that had I not matured and became more independent when I stayed in America. Someone here called me "spoiled". Am I really? I do understand Filipino culture, both the good and the bad side of it.

A good housekeeper or nanny does exist. I currently have a sensible nanny stay-in for my kids and I do pay her an equivalent of PhP8k+, which includes her PhP4k / month salary, government required benefits, 13-month pay, tuition, school expenses, transportation and personal toiletries. I do reward good help.

Hello everyone,

Please stay within the subject and avoid being judgmental.

This forum is meant for experience exchange, proper guidance and help, let's keep the trend going on?

Thank you,
Gavind.
Expat.com Team.

[topic closed]

Closed