Visa Renewal Update

My 3 month multi-entry tourist visa expired these past few days....so based on the conversations about the new laws that came into affect, I made a trip to Bangkok for a short holiday and to apply for a new 3 month visa to come back into Vietnam.

This is the advice and response I got when applying at the local consulate office in Bangkok.

They will only offer me a 1 month single entry visa.....no 3 month and no multi entry visas being issued.

I explained to him that I need to stay in the country for longer period of time, so what can I do as I do not want to be flying out of Vietnam every 4 weeks.

Note that I stay in Vietnam on a tourist visa.

He said that my vietnamese girlfriend can apply internally for a longer visa for me without the need for me to leave Vietnam.

After I return next week, I will take my girlfriend to the local immigration office to see what can be done, based on this advice.

Does anyone else have any current experience on extending their stay?

Yep, Visa Exemption or "Spouse Visa". The application will not be to easy and neither is a warranty on it, that you get it. However, one of the possible ways.
Good Luck

We're not married yet, it is still some time away before that will happen...like early next year.

I should have added the 1 month single entry visa cost me 2,200 thai baht.

Is no one getting 3 month tourist visa anymore? I thought it is still available with the new laws..but here in Thailand he is saying no.

You can in here but it will cost you almost $300. You can also get an invitation letter here from any travelling agency and just go to Cambodia and apply for visa there.

I'm Thai and I paid to the agency here to issue letter to request 3 months single or multiple entry for me instead of going to the immigration office. I just called to ask the agency and they said they still can do. You have to pay them 25usd for issueing the letter and pay 45 usd at the immigration. Here is my agent number 090 2463579. I think it's better than paying flight tickets every month. I hope this information can help you.

Visa Exemptions can be granted to virtually anyone. There seems to be by law no requirement to be a husband or a wife, just somehow a "sponsorship" from a Vietnamese party. Some Vietnamese or even sponsored ones here might have more details to it

Moderated by : Priscilla
Reason           : No free ads here please + register in the business directory

Hi, you can extend your tourist visa 3 months with type single. So don't worry, you can make it and notice the cost depend on your information

msnowdon wrote:

My 3 month multi-entry tourist visa expired these past few days....so based on the conversations about the new laws that came into affect, I made a trip to Bangkok for a short holiday and to apply for a new 3 month visa to come back into Vietnam.

This is the advice and response I got when applying at the local consulate office in Bangkok.

They will only offer me a 1 month single entry visa.....no 3 month and no multi entry visas being issued.

I explained to him that I need to stay in the country for longer period of time, so what can I do as I do not want to be flying out of Vietnam every 4 weeks.

Note that I stay in Vietnam on a tourist visa.

He said that my vietnamese girlfriend can apply internally for a longer visa for me without the need for me to leave Vietnam.

After I return next week, I will take my girlfriend to the local immigration office to see what can be done, based on this advice.

Does anyone else have any current experience on extending their stay?

Don't worry  to much for your case, You can do three months multiple or 1 year  multiple eas with you nationality

3 month single DL is 105$/ DN is 110$,
3 month multiple DL is 240$,/ DN is 255$
1 year visa by letter is 435$ at embassy
6 month visa by letter is 235$ at embassy

My visa remain some days to expired, where can i get it extend

Hi, not sure if it has changed in the last few months but I got a 3 month visa about 2 months ago.... However they would only allow me to get 3 month single entry or 1 month multi, they said the 3 month multi is no longer available. I got my letter before I left saigon though. Hope you can sort it out!!!

Please where can i get it who can help me please and how much is the cost.