Att: Scots in Muscat!

Hello! I'm probably moving to Oman in a month or two!

Looking to connect with fellow Scottish and hopefully make some new friends before I arrive!

I'm 32, moving to Oman on my own....anyone out there interested in showing me around and drinking some Irn Bru? 😂

You most welcome

I'm Scottish and have just moved to Oman. Initially on a short contract, it may become something longer.  I am in my late 50s and in education.

Fantastic! How do you like it?

I thought the law enforced a 2 year contract length?

Bubbles83 wrote:

Fantastic! How do you like it?

I thought the law enforced a 2 year contract length?

Its the Visa Ban and not the contract length. The contract length could be even extended to another 30 years for uncle Bruce .... !!!   ;)

So far so good. it is very hot - especially after a Glasgow winter. There is not much in terms of night life but that is not an issue for me! I am very much at the stage of finding my way around still (after two weeks). I have lived in the Middle East before so nothing here is terribly surprising or new to me. I am told that after there is a little rain (due soon) the place will become very green and the nearby mountains are beautiful and worth exploring (in a four wheel drive, air-conditioned vehicle for me!) and there are lovely springs, waterfalls and wild life. If I obtain a long term contract I will probably leave in early July and return in August at some point.

I love your optimism and determination Bruce but am not sure about the rains (due soon).esp in Muscat