Pregnant and unmarried in Muscat - anyone in this case?

Is there anyone with a case of being pregnant and unmarried in Muscat? Please help.

I think you should be more specific, what exactly is the subject of inquiry?.congs on the pregnancy

Currently 3 months pregnant and on vacation. Planning to go back to oman and file resignation. The problem is it will take 90 days for me to be able to go back to my country of origin. Btw im working in a goverment institution. Still undecided whether to go back to Oman or not. It is risky. Any suggestions.

I have little knowledge about oman laws, this blog has taught me lots of stuff. Honestly,  according to my brain I see no wrong, Pregnancy aint a crime , you are an adult n a willing participant.Goodenough you are planning to resign, am sure you will draft your resignation with a valid reason.  good luck n take care of yourself. I still think marriage is overrated. Let people live with whoever they want without ties they wont commit to

The thing is I'm scared of going into jail. That is why I'm hesistant to go back to work. I'm torn between my safety and the baby and giving up the work rather than going to jail.

Hi AveryHope,

Even though Oman is a very liberal nation, it is still an Islamic country.

Any child born outside of marriage is considered unlawful here. You will have a lot of serious hassles to face. And it is better for you to avoid any such issues, especially now since you are pregnant.

Your new born child cannot get registered in Oman (as required by law), for obvious reasons.

If you are unable to have your child's father with you and show some legal documents certifying your marriage, you will land yourself in complications.

Good luck.

moderated by Christine
Reason: off topic/ useless post

Then its better for you not to come back, if your instincts aint into into.like sumi stated, your child should be first priority.Good luck

Dont worry averyhope.
Thinks sometimes have a way of working out for the best.
Have strength ,put what you feel is right first  and things will work out .
There will always be other jobs .
Best of luck  x

U want help..?

mndy wrote:

U want help..?

If you have advice to offer then please post it here on the forum.

@Sumitran what complication

@Sumitran what complication
-@amaliaantalandelacruz26

@ amaliaantalandelacruz26

Jail sentence followed by deportation

@Mariamns Not the case in most of the islamic  countries including Oman, being pregnant while unmarried is crime here. that falls under the category of "Zina" which is worst crime one can have. Sex without wedding is crime in almost all muslim countries.

@Muhammad Usman7 You are replying to an old post. This members hasn't logged in since years now.

I suggest that you check the date and participate only on recent threads so that members may respond to your comment.

All the very best

Bhavna