Why technician visa whem I am an engineer

Dear frds,
I have got an offer to work in SABIC thru contracting company. I am a mechanical engineer with 8 years of exp. I have been given family status. but company is saying they will provide technician visa rather than engineer visa. why is it so? what are the dis advantage of it?

i am not sure,,but maybe it's for saudization purposes..double check with them again..

all the best.

Thanks malla1983.

Dear Experienced expats,
kindly share your experience. its urgent.
Thanks

Your Contracting Co did not get the Eng. visa & giving you technician visa, disadvantage are you may did not get family visa, as your degree will not match with ur profession, you cannot travel within GCC countries due to your profession.

Batter  to ask them to give you Eng. visa

wasim110 wrote:

Dear frds,
I have got an offer to work in SABIC thru contracting company. I am a mechanical engineer with 8 years of exp. I have been given family status. but company is saying they will provide technician visa rather than engineer visa. why is it so? what are the dis advantage of it?

Well some times Getting Engineer visa for company takes time,that's why they offer you Technician visa,You can change your profession here once you get iqama,for changing profession your Degree should be attested by Saudi Culture+Saudi Embassy in Pakistan.The Disadvantage of Technician visa is only you can not Get Family Visa.

Thanks tariqkhattak70 & javedakb.

They will provide family visa and confirmed in offer letter. they were telling the same thing that, since it takes time in getting engineer visa so i will go there on technician visa and letter they will change.
My concern: Is it also possible that company may not change profession?

if they will change it then,how much time it takes to change the profession after reaching KSA? and in getting family visa after changing the profession?
I want to bring my family after reaching there ASAP. so what other formality should I complete before going to KSA for my self as well as for wife and daughter.
I am from India.

Thanks

wasim110 wrote:

Thanks tariqkhattak70 & javedakb.

They will provide family visa and confirmed in offer letter. they were telling the same thing that, since it takes time in getting engineer visa so i will go there on technician visa and letter they will change.
My concern: Is it also possible that company may not change profession?

if they will change it then,how much time it takes to change the profession after reaching KSA? and in getting family visa after changing the profession?
I want to bring my family after reaching there ASAP. so what other formality should I complete before going to KSA for my self as well as for wife and daughter.

Thanks

Well Wasim dont worry company will change your profession as it is government requirement that you have to be on same profession matching with your job.
once you get iqama and fulfilling below iqama changing requirement company can change profession withing 10 Days.
1. Attested Degree(by Saudi Culture & Saudi Embassy).
2. Saudi Engineering Council Membership ( once you arrive here you can do)

once you change your profession to Engineer you will get Family visa within a week.

for safe side if you are attesting your Degree also attest your Computerized Marriage Certificate from MOFA INDIA and Saudi Embassy.

Don't worry, I know many people here who got family visa on TECHNICIAN VISA, moreover they got on arrival visa for countries like UAE and Bahrain. So don't worry about technician visa, once you are here you can apply for change of profession, but make sure your engineering degree is attested(Saudi culture/Saudi Embassy) from India. If it is not attested then you need a contract from saudi company , and it takes around 4-5 months in India to get degree attested.

Moreover most of the companies ask employee to pay the fee to register in Engineering Council of Saudi Arabia, which may cost you 3000 SAR( Not Sure) for 2 years(not sure).

hi, I have received  mofa no & visa no from an agent , I want to know to which place this visa belongs to & What type of visa is this.I tried in saudi embassy website but it is asking ID no which i am not aware .
please advice
further my agent has asked me to provide my passport & medical report .is it ok

you can get offer can join even technician visa
but there some disadvantage for that
like if u like to apply for family visa and parent visa u can get problem
but talk to company they will solve that problem
u can ask company i join now on this visa later they can change engineer visa
ok