Doing Business As/Fictitious Name Registration

I've noticed a lot of businesses here will operate under a separate name from the PT name

For instance Sedaap (Brand noodles) operates under Wingsfood (Business Name) which is owned by PT. Prakarsa Alam Segar (PT)

Another instance: Wall Street English (Business Name) formerly Wall Street Institute (Business Name) operates under PT Efficient English Services (PT)

So my question:
Is there a formal registry for Doing Business As/fictitious name filing in Indonesia such as US/Canada/HongKong?
Explanation:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doing_business_as

Are there any restrictions on the names one can use (for instance the name "institute" for a non-accredited institution).

Any advice or links to information greatly appreciated!

You're best off consulting an attorney. 

I've been involved with the set up of several PT/PMA companies with subsidiary entities involved, but it's important to get it right.

Thanks for the reply!

Not sure if this violates any forum rules, and I know you're located in Bali, but do you have any referrals for this kind of work? - Even the type of lawfirm, something I can research, or someone I can talk to for a professional opinion.

I can't tell you how many people I've asked about this (lawyers, notaris, business owners, etc.) and can't seem to get a straight answer yet...well except the "consulting fee" that's always very straight forward ;)

Thanks again!

We've been using PT Bali Ide (just Google them) for the past 17 years and they have worked well for us.