Planning a tourist visa 60 days, 30 days

My niece is travelling in Asia and wants to visit Indonesia. She is Dutch and will get a 30-day VOA. She wants to stay for about 50 days. Does she need an outbound ticket at 30 days, and then change the ticket to extend her visa or can she come in with the outbound ticket after 50 days, receive VOA for 30 days and then extend (so she doesnt need to change her ticket)? Thanks for your advise!

From my last few entries into Jakarta, the immigration officers at the VOA counter do not ask to see the plane ticket whereas a couple of years ago they would commonly ask to see it. However, I'd also like to ask the same question, can a departure ticket 50 or 60 days after arrival pose a problem?

No problem.  Get the airline ticket issued for the desired day of return.  If asked (highly unlikely) the response "I will be renewing my VOA for 30 days" will do fine and accepted.

Thank you so much Ubudian.

Many thanks Ubudian!

She can extend the 30 day to 60 days once she is here.  You should be able to google that for the process. Visa on arrival is 35 usd.

Cheers