Hepatitis B vaccination

Hey Expats!

I came upon this website and was wondering where you guys would recommend me to go to get vaccination for Hepatitis B (have already taken 2 out of 3 in Sweden and Thailand)? Preferably also the cheapest place because I'm a backpacker (who now have quit his work). Can I do it in the same place as the local Vietnamese would get theirs?

Greetings Chris

Hi Chris,

Here is some info about Hepatitis B vaccination which I have found.
(Not so sure if the price is still updated)

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr101/svba1608/Blog/Hepatitis%20B_zpsyp27sudf.png

There working time is:
Mon-Fri: 7am - 11am; 1pm - 6pm
Saturdays: 7am - 11am; 1pm - 4pm
Sundays - Holidays: 7am - 10:30am

Their address is:

Name: VUONCUABE
73/8, Ho Hao Hon street, District 1, HCMc
(73/8 - Hồ Hảo Hớn. Quận 1. TP HCM)
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 0907 941 433

Do you still keep documents of last time you were vaccinated?
In my experience (in Hanoi), they required document of previous time vaccinated.

Thanks so much for answering :)

Yes I have information from last time I got the jab for Hepatitis B.

Plan to go to the hospital/clinic tomorrow. Hope they will understand english.

Thank you for this thread.  I just found out recently that I need to get another Hepatitis vaccine.  I had the vaccine course completed in the US less than 10 years ago and was protected against it until recently.  My most recent test here in HCMC showed that I'm no longer protected by the vaccine.  I wasn't aware that Hepatitis vaccine protection wears off, so if anybody hasn't checked lately, it's a good idea to do so, especially considering the way food is handled here.

I went to Pasteur in Ho Chi Minh City to get vaccinated for Hep B and because of that I saved a bunch of money compared to another place I had checked the price of.

Hi Chris,

Do you have more info please?

a) how did you get to the institut Pasteur?
b) How much was the vaccination?
c) Did you require to make an advance appointment or did you just show up there during business hours?

Hi MeoMun,

Thanks for the info re Vuoncuabe. The link you provided to their website... regrettably my Vietnamese is currently non exist (something I will address when I arrive in HCM).

http://vuoncuabe.com/dich-vu-and-gia-ti … p-hcm.html

The link in English seems to refer to pasteur. Are you able to advise please the relationship betwen Cuon Cua Be and the Pasteur institut?

Any info is appreciated.

I think you should go to Pasteur (Nam Ky Khoi Nghia street) because its the biggest and the best place in Ho Chi Minh city where we get all kinds of  vaccinations.
Cheers.

Hi all,

1stly thanks to all who replied.

I went to Institut Pasteur as was generally recommended by the responses above. If anyone is considering going the following may be useful:-

The entrance to the part of the compound for vaccinations isn't on Pasteur St. Instead its the entrance on the other side of block. The address is:-

252 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia
District 3
Ho Chi Minh City
Tel (08) 3820 7150

The vaccination clinic is open 7 days x 07.00 to 11.00 & 13.00 - 18.00.

Payment is cash only. There is an ATM street across the street from the entrance to the compound. The ATM worked perfectly for my visa debit card to a UK bank account.

On walking into Institut Pasteur through the gate just follow where all the other people go. There is then 2 opposite buildings. The bigger & busier one is for vaccination. The other is for things such as blood tests. Whether the building there for e.g. blood tests is open 5 days or 7 I am unable to advise.

On walking into the building for the vaccination clinic there is a person at the doorway who gives out tickets with numbers. When your number appears on the screen it tells you which consultancy room to go into. I suspect that the room my spouse and I were directed into was because the lady giving us the advice spoke English.

The lady asked us what we were there for. I first was interested in a booster and showed the lady my vaccination history card. I was advised that based on my history I may not need a booster for the vaccine in question. She suggested I attend the opposite building for a blood test.

The lady gave us a blank immunisation record card and ran through the other vaccinations that were available. My spouse needs a bunch of vaccinations. However some of these she decided not to have since there is a course of multiple injections to complete the vaccination (we only had 2 further days left in Vietnam). At least one of the other vaccines the lady said they didn't currently have in stock.

This meant my partner and I elected to each have 2 injections each. The consultant wrote the details on the appropriate section of the card. The consultant was also happy to update my existing vaccination record that I brought with me.

We took the prescription sheet to the cashier and paid. The names & costs of the vaccines were:-

* Meningo A+C - 180 000 vnd
* Vaxigrip - 240 000 vnd

There was a 3rd injection my spouse elected to have. However she was told to wait a minimum of 2 weeks after the above the vaccines were given. We next went to have the injections & this was done clamly and efficiently, one into each arm.

Next we went to the opposite building with the written instructions given by the consultant re the blood testing to be undertaken. Again I paid at a cashier and was then directed to the room where the blood would be taken. Again this was done calmly and efficiently. The paper I was given told me to return for results during a 2 hour window that seemed to coincide with being 24 hours after when the blood sample was taken. I regret I don't appear to have with me the receipt for the payment. I recall though it costs the equivalent of around £8 - £10 in sterling.

I duly returned the next day and received the results. These were in Vietnamese so on asking I was directed to the same English speaking lady who had advised me the previous day. She looked at the results and explained to me that the anti body levels in my blood meant I don't need the booster I had asked about.

I'd be happy to use the service from this again should I be in Ho Chi Minh City. My better half is similarly happy with the service provided to her.