Where to get a Samsung Galaxy (S4) Unlocked in HCMC?

I have been in Vietnam for exactly one week now. Five days in HCMC, and two in Vung Tau. Can't say I am enjoying myself as I am just getting over Dengue fever (will expand on that in the medical experiences thread), and also I can't seem to find anything!

As the thread suggest I need to get my Galaxy S4 unlocked so I can use a Vietnamese sim. It was bought in the UK and on a THREE PAYG (which they won't unlock for me).

I will be heading to HCMC today as I don't like VT, so where would I go to get my phone unlocked by somebody who has half a clue as to what they are doing? :-)

PS: I have spent years traveling in SEA, and have never met such a language barrier than VM. I had heard that English usage was sparse here, but wow! No wonder there is such a demand for teachers.

Ramble over, all / any help much appreciated!

Hi,

You can get your phone unlocked in Cach mang thang 8, dist 1- between Phong Vu and New York Hotels. There are some mobile phone shops next tous les jour bakery.

Regards

try this    https://www.freeunlocks.com/unlock-Samsung  or     https://www.google.com.au/search?q=sams … p;ie=UTF-8       fuond on Google

Have you find a shop to unlock your phone coz im looking for one aswell

You don't like VT ?? Anything is better on the ocean than HCMC dear !!

Have you try ebay?  I got my phone unlock for  1-5 usd.  I asked a guy in Da Nang, and he wants to charge me 15 usd.  I don't know what is the deal in UK, but a quick search on ebay gives me: 5-16 dollars, for UK phones.  The turnaround takes about a day, sometimes even less.  Check your options online.

In France (and I think in most European country) your seller must unlock it for free, if you ask. Because you must be free to travel somewhere or if you want change after your subscription time. So you have to think to ask before leave your country.

If you didn't do that : You can see many phone shop in Vietnam everywhere. So it's simply. You can go in one of them and ask ! Try the small shop, they have usually everything for unlock your phone.

I unlocked my phone in 2009 in Saigon. I went to a small shop near Ben Thanh Market.
You can also take a look around the street Bui Thi Xuan, district 1 (I go there sometime for repair my computer). You will see there many computer and phone shop.

But I think around you, you can see a phone shop ... unlock a phone it's not something complicated and most phone shop can do it !