Mountain Bike - Suggestions for new purchase

I have been looking into buying a mountain bike recently.
The two options that I am viewing are Salcano XRS001 and B-Twin RockRider Big8.

I dont intend to go super off road, so I am not looking at heavy customization, but I would like disc brakes and a good grip.

As a norm, the outlet owners at the bike shops are not able to speak English well. I have been looking for suggestions from friends, and if a bike expert on this forum can also give me tips at purchasing from Turkey, that would be great too!

Ciao!

Also, I had this dude at Caddebostan trying to sell me his customized Salcano which gave a super nice ride, but I just wasn't sure if the price was worth the customization. I recall the specs and can share of someone is interested in discussing.

Hi,

If you're considering buying a 2nd hand bike I have one for sale, Salcano NG255, in good condition. 26' wheels, aluminium frame, all equipped with Shimano Deore (it's got V-brakes though). It has mixed tyres which make it perfect for Turkish roads that are not too well paved. Of course it can take some dirtpath too...To me the Rockrider looks pricey (seems 900 EUR on the internet, not sure which country it was though but Decathlon prices are generally the same). And Salcano XRS001 refers to a roadbike on google.

http://www.sahibinden.com/ilan/alisveri … 2705/detay

Cheers,
L

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For security reasons please do not give over personal contact infos on the forum

Thanks for the feedback man, a little bit late though. I have already placed my order with Decathelon.
One of my friends is looking for a bike however and would not mind getting a second hand one. I looked up your ad and forwarded it. You may probably hear back in case if they are interested.

Have you been riding in Istanbul? Any particular club that you recommend?

Lolo del Capo wrote:

Hi,

If you're considering buying a 2nd hand bike I have one for sale, Salcano NG255, in good condition. 26' wheels, aluminium frame, all equipped with Shimano Deore (it's got V-brakes though). It has mixed tyres which make it perfect for Turkish roads that are not too well paved. Of course it can take some dirtpath too...To me the Rockrider looks pricey (seems 900 EUR on the internet, not sure which country it was though but Decathlon prices are generally the same). And Salcano XRS001 refers to a roadbike on google.

http://www.sahibinden.com/ilan/alisveri … 2705/detay

[moderated ]

Cheers,
L