Info for teacher about to move to Abu Dhabi

Hi there!

I am a teacher working in Uk but originally from Ireland. I have recently been offered a position as an EMT for ADEC for the aug/sept 2015 intake of teachers. Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on how long the visa process takes as currently my documents had to be resubmitted to be authenticated in the Irish embassy so I had to start that process all over again. Im hoping by mid may I should have them back to finally submit to my recruitment agent but Im worried about the delay and how much it will delay my departure. Does anyone know anything about how long the actual visa process with ADEC takes? Also are there any other teachers out there who are heading out there for the aug/sept 2015 school year?? Im going by myself so would love to know some teachers out there!!! Michelle : )

Hi Michelle,,
Congratulations for the new job and welcome to UAE,I hope and I am sure you will love it.
I don't know much about Visas but I can check with them after the weekend regarding the visa process.
And to get better answer I advise you to check on Facebook for ADEC teachers groups, I am sure it will be very helpful.
If you need anything please don't be shy to ask.
Best regards :top:

Thank you so much 😊 i had no idea there was a facebook group so i will check that out today. Thatnknyou i am really looking forward to going 😆 are you a teacher there?

You are very welcome Michelle,,
I am not a teacher, I work in government transportation company and I am managing the government contracts in Abu Dhabi which is easier then being a teacher 😄.
You will love it here maybe at start it will be hard a bit but once you settle down things will be beautiful.

Moderated by Gavind 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal contact info on the forum for security measures.

What solution??

Eben0006 wrote:

mitchelle whatsapp me..I'm having the solution 233541201392

Your profile shows that you are in Ghana so how can you help ??

If you do indeed have a solution then please post the information here on the open section of the forum as it may help others too.
I would advise others not to contact anyone who makes such offers like this, especially if you are female.

Hi nocanoesue!

Im in the same boat (or canoe) as yourself!

I just sent you a PM, hope you got it!

From a fellow Cork  teacher

Dear Michelle,

Don't fear anything, I hope you have already got your visa. About life in Abu Dhabi, you haven't to be worry about anything as life here very easy and enjoyable. For any assistance o start your miles here don't hesitate to contact.

Hi I'm also going to start in August/September. I'm from South Africa 😊

Hey!! Thanks for replying... Ive had a few pms now from teachers starting in Aug sept its sooo good to finally talk to real life teachers who will be going around the same time!! Would be great to be in touch!! x How are you set are you nervous??

I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. Im excited and nervous lol I have  3 friends who are already in UAE that's what makes me feel better about moving. I am giving my last 3 months of service to the government sector before departure. I'm aware that I might not work anywhere near 3 friends but weekends I'm surely going to spend with them. Hope we meet up when we get there

wow that is so great that you have friends there already! Must make it so much easier! I would love to meet up when we get there lets stay in touch xx im the same very nervous and excited ... would feel better if we knew more about when we were going and where we were going to be before leaving but that's the ADEC way I hear!!

Hey, Congratulation for your new job. Acually, I here in AD for more than 20 years, knowing every corner. For any guidance you have not to hesitate contact at any time.

HI...also making the move to AD end-July to mid-August, or so they said at the interviews in JHB. Attested documents are now on their way to UAE and then it is the big wait. Maybe see you guys at orientation... :-)

Good luck

When did you interview? Did you work with Sharon Seevinck @Teachanywhere?

No...I worked through an UAE company. SSAT :-)

Hey, I'm moving to Abu Dhabi to start a science teaching job this August too. Have you had any joy with your Visa yet?

Nothing yet. Its so quiet and my patience is running out.... Next week its going to be Ramadan and they work half day. It'll be even slowly. I'm dying  :o

Hey I've heard nothing yet. I'm finding the waiting game so frustrating I have to say.

Hi! I have also got a job with ADEC to start in summer 2015. Any word as to when the first lot will be flying out from the UK/first batch of arrivals in Abu Dhabi?

06/08/2015 first group travel date

hi, will be in AD month end August with Adveti institution, from Secunda RSA

Hey fellow teacher from Cork here. Heading to teach science in Al Ain (close enough to Abu Dhabi). Working in an international school. It would be nice to be in contact with more people in the same/similar boat as myself.

Hi. My hubby and I will be making the big move in January next year. I'll be teaching English but how do we go about looking for a job for him? He is looking for something in the transport/ courier industry. Any advice?

Hello everyone,
I'm supposed to be starting to work for ADEC but not sure when I'll be going out there. Has anyone already moved? How long does the process take and when are we called out? How do we find out about dates?

Hi, I just wanted to know how you knew about your January date?

Hey! I'm also from cork and now based in al-Ain. Only here about 2weeks so far. How's it going?

Hi, Hope you've settled in well.  I just wanted to know how long the procedure took place before you actually went out, I'm still waiting.....

I interviewed in May and submitted all documents on June 22. Departed September 13