Any properties to rent in Kolewezi

Hi There,

My partner will be coming over, from South Africa, to work in Kolwezi shortly and I will be following shortly.
What I need to find out is, are there any properties to rent in Kolewezi and how far is Kolwezi from Lubumbashi.
This is a big step for me so I am trying to gather as much information as possible.
We will be looking for a house with garden space as we have 2 dogs that will be coming with us.
I really do find this blog to be informative and would appreciate all feed back.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards

Cyndy

Hello Cyndy

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that your post has now been moved to Democratic Republic of Congo forum as you were off topic.

I might as well suggest you to post an ad regarding your rentals in Housing in the Democratic Republic of Congo and hopefully something turns out :)

Oh btw, good old Google says Kolwezi to Lubumbashi is about 300kms (roughly 4 hrs drive) ;)

I wish you best of luck in your endeavours :top:

Thanks & Regards

Mishna

Renting in Kolwezi is possible but a bit of a process, is your husbands work able to assist?  Otherwise you will need someone to be a finder for you and that will cost money.  Kolwezi is about 4hours drive from Lubumbashi all tar sealed but only 2 lanes and the traffic can be pretty wild.  A nice house with a bit of garden will cost you $1000 U.S. +  a month and you may well still need to provide a generator and water tank as both power and water can be erratic.  English is not widely spoken here and there are limited social outlets, even compared to Lumbubashi...if there is anything more you want to know I'd be happy to help if I can.

shew wrote:

Hi There,

My partner will be coming over, from South Africa, to work in Kolwezi shortly and I will be following shortly.
What I need to find out is, are there any properties to rent in Kolewezi and how far is Kolwezi from Lubumbashi.
This is a big step for me so I am trying to gather as much information as possible.
We will be looking for a house with garden space as we have 2 dogs that will be coming with us.
I really do find this blog to be informative and would appreciate all feed back.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards

Cyndy

Hi cyndy...

Have you manage to find a place , we are also desperately looking for somthing in kolwezi? If possible can you please email me should you of any possibilities.. [email protected] thanks Rene.