Expat Weekends in Bahrain!

Hi!

I'm working in KSA but am planning a weekend trip to Bahrain!

I'm not into super-touristy things so I would like to enjoy a weekend that is somewhat more "western" and familiar.

Any suggestions for good cafes, bookstores or just places that are suitable for relaxing and some weekend reading?

I've also heard that some of the nightlife is a bit dodgy. I am dying to go to a nice place for some drinks and dancing!!!!!

Any suggestions/advice would be most welcome :)

check time out Bahrain, will give you whats on and who are having deals etc

Thanks!!

There's words bookstore cafe on the Budaiya Highway.

Lots of nice cafes/restaurants etc in the Adliya area. Cafe Amsterdam is nice.

Also depends on where you are staying, may be preferable to go to places nearer as the weekend Saudi rush can be insane plus this weekend is a long weekend!

try crown plaza hotel live philipino band u will like it

Thank you !!! :)

Try city centre.. Good mall to hang around😊😊😊

Most malls have good and relaxing cafes. Nice places to relax and do some reading. And most good malls also have good bookstores. "Jashanmals" is a good bookstore, found in both the City Centre Mall and at the Seef Mall. I have bought a number of good books there.

Some of the classy restaurants are also good to relax, have a meal, drinks and perhaps enjoy some live entertainment.

About the nightlife, as long as you stick to clubs and pubs in the five star hotels, you should be fine. Anything lower and it does tend to get a little dodgy. :) If you have to go to a dodgy place, make sure you go with a trusted male companion. That way you can stay away from unwanted trouble.

Have a great trip.

Sandy.bahrain wrote:

moderated: already deleted

Stop spamming posts.
Go advertise your services in the appropriate place. This is not the place.

The rooftop bars above the meat co. are pleasant and the restaurant itself is nice.  Cafe Amstrdam is a good option - nice place to chill with a book and a glass of wine over lunch.  Meisei rooftop bar has salsa dancing at night. Splash out on a sashimi dinner at Bushido.