Cost Of Living in Oman

Hi Friends,

I stay in Pune, India and have got an offer from one of the Retail Groups based in Oman. They offered me 450 OR Per Month without Accommodation,Transportation and Food. I want to know is that enough for a single person to save much of the amount or should i negotiate for a bit higher? How much can I save from 450 OR if I live a simple life?

Hi Bhushit,

What you have been offered is pretty basic. Will be just about to live by, that too after making a lot of compromises.

How much of this you can save would depend a lot on where you are going to be placed. If in Muscat, the area would play an important part, since you would have no other option but to look at sharing accommodation.

Certain areas in Muscat are ideal for living life with a shoestring budget - Al Hamriya, Ruwi High Street, etc.

See if you can manage to negotiate for at least 100 to 150 rials more. Else you would be barely eking out a living, with all costs on your head.

Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot. I have observed that you have been helping many people like me from a long time. That is a matter of appreciation.

I will try to negotiate with my company to increase 100 to 150 rials more.

Thanks Again...

Regards,
Bhushit